ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Tuesday thoughts...

Caleb Jones

All-American
Staff
Aug 10, 2021
twitter.com
The latest Rivals250 rankings released earlier today and several Auburn commits received a boost. The entire class actually moved up to No. 17 in the nation with 16 commits.
  • Demarcus Riddick is still Auburn's top commit, now No. 25 on the list.
  • Perry Thompson is second at No. 59.
  • Jalewis Solomon and Joseph Phillips both jumped over 50 spots, with Solomon now No. 91 in the nation and Phillips No. 165.
Who could be next?
  • As discussed last week, Kamarion Franklin is set to announce Saturday. No real change in his recruitment, as it's still thought to truly be a battle between Tennessee and Auburn, although it's starting to sound like AU has the edge.
    • My prediction: Auburn
  • Jakaleb Faulk will announce his decision Monday and all signs are pointing to Auburn having a good chance to land him.
  • Zaquan Patterson announces his decision Tuesday and the finalists are Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Michigan and Ohio State. Out of the upcoming decisions, this is the one I feel the least confident on. Patterson has said in the past he plans to OV to all five this fall, regardless of his commitment status. This one seems like it will go down to signing day.
    • My prediction: Miami (for now).
  • Sounding like DeAndre Carter won't have a decision until late August/Early September. Still hearing good things about AU in this one.
Other Thoughts
  • Like I mentioned earlier, Auburn has 16 commits in the 2024 class. I expect Auburn to pursue at least one other running back, tight end and wide receiver. Offensive line is without a commit, but I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. There are some guys Auburn still has a chance with, with DeAndre Carter and Stanford commit Khalil House seemingly the top guys AU is after.
  • Defensively, Auburn's class is fundamentally fairly solid. I'd expect a few more by signing day, but the defensive staff has done great job up until this point, landing 10 commits. If Franklin were to commit Saturday, it only bolsters it even more.
Names to Watch
Heading into the fall, Auburn has it's eyes on flipping some guys, just like it did last year. Here are the most notable ones I expect AU to push heading into the fall.
BONUS: One of the top tight ends in the 2025 class decommitted from Notre Dame this morning and it sounds like there's good mutual interest between AU and the No. 2 tight end in the nation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News