ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson is a leftist

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
Unsure what his angle is but what he's pushing at the moment is a bastardization of American conservatism. Don't watch him all that much and never really have but caught his interview with Lex Fridman and couldn't believe some of the stuff he was saying. Went into expecting to agree with him 75-80% of the time, ended up being closer to 30%.

From what I gather Tucker Trotsky is pushing for near complete withdrawal of the US from international dialogue, pulling troops out of any and all foreign deployments, total lockdown on immigration, adopting a position of autarky with regards to the economy, massive increase in the size and influence of the US government in both the economy and our personal lives, corporations are evil and should be broken up, wants artificial protections enforced by the federal government for certain professions like truck driving, hard pivot away from almost all free trade agreements/networks, redistribution of wealth, and finally a rejection of our existing allies in the Anglosphere, NATO, and Asian democracies in favor of closer alignment with BRICS members like Russia, China, and Brazil. Also called William F. Buckley "one of the greatest villains of the 20th century".

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the aforementioned points, but as far as I can tell the only positions he holds that resemble conservatism have to do with social issues/the culture war. I fail to understand the current fascination with him among people on the right of the political spectrum.

Reactions: hsvtgr and Thrill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News