ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Cable/C-Spire fiber internet

cscott4au

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Montgomery, AL
I thought I'd share my recent experience with getting hooked up to fiber internet. Troy Cable/C Spire has taken Montgomery by storm, with seemingly endless crews of Guatamalans(?) digging holes and running conduit for fiber lines. I have bounced back and forth between Wow and Spectrum for years and I was eager to try something new, so when presented with the opportunity to switch I did so right away. On Tuesday this week the fiber line was run to my house, and yesterday a tech arrived to hook me up. Matthew (who turned out to be an Auburn fan) was extremely polite and conscientious about his work. The hook up process took longer than expected, mostly due to trying to track existing phone lines (cat 5 cable) in the house. Once we got that figured out it was quick and easy. I had tested my Wow speed several times that morning and was getting anywhere from 145 to 220 Mbs. Once the fiber was live, speed went to ~750-850. FOR THE SAME $$$.

I know I'm less than 24 hours in, but it seems that this will be a switch worth making. They even have a real human being you can call and talk to if there is a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News