Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
jww4Iqd.jpg

We're back for another week!

LIST OF AFFILIATES AND LINKS

PREDICTION:
(No time for this tonight.)

(Harsin showed up "early" tonight.)

Not Andy asks on how much attention was paid to Arkansas during the off week. "We spent time on recruiting. We were on the road and getting a chance to see some of these coaches, see some of these players. It was a good week for us. We did a great job of getting out there — and also getting our plan ready for Sunday. The (GAs) did a good job of getting that ready ... so we could hit the ground running."

Not Andy asks about what Auburn's defense needs to do this weekend: "Their quarterback, he's a really good player. What they're trying to do ... they want to run the football. (Briles) wants to put the ball in the air and take some shots. Their O-line, they don't get enough credit."

Andy asks about Auburn running the ball well against Ole Miss: "Being physical. Eliminate the negative plays and play physical. The tailbacks hit the hole downhill pretty well ... and Robby was a factor as well. For us, it's about taking care of the football."

Not Andy asks about Jeremiah Wright, who now plays left guard. "He made a great choice. The offensive line is where he needs to be. He's had a good week of practice. He's also a guy who brings some of that nastiness a little bit. These guys, they're developing. They're becoming better football players. He's doing a really good job of that. He brings that element of physicality to the table."

Andy notes that Derick Hall was a preemie once upon a time. Isn't that crazy? Harsin is befuddled by that fact ... he already knew that, but still marvels at the idea that Hall was so small at one point.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Andy asks about Shed Jackson: "He brings consistency. He's a big factor for us on special teams. I don't think he gets enough credit for that. He's in the right spot doing the right things. Every single day, he's there to work."

Not Andy says Shed has blossomed in this offense. (??????)

HERB is in the house. He wants to know about analysts. Is there a limit to how many you can have? "You have a limit of GAs (four) ... analysts, not necessarily. It really comes down to what you're paying them. The person who does our budget would say there's a limit. (GUFFAWS ALL AROUND). You want one for each assistant coach. They're doing advance scouting. They're also looking at film of what you're doing, your players, what drills you can do to help those guys. They're another set of eyes."

Andy wants to know if that's part of the self-scout. Harsin says yes. "They look at what we're doing. They catch things for you that you don't always see. Their ideas, we're able to use."

JULIE/JULI is in the house. She wants to know about Kellen Moore, who works with the Dallas Cowboys. Are they friends? "Another guy I got a chance to coach, Brett Rypien, started for the Denver Broncos last week." (On to Moore ...) "He's a great person, a great character. I'll shoot him a great text every now and then. He and I always catch up at some point at the end of the season. I believe Kellen will end up being a head coach in the NFL. Dak was the one who wanted Kellen. They were both in the same room as players. Everybody knows how smart he is."

Not Andy wants to know if it's satisfying to see former players find success later in the life. "It's not just the guys who stay in football. It's all those things you learn through football that come back. They're applying (lessons) to their lives. We're out there to win games, but that's the stuff that creates family and camaraderie for life. At the end of the day, as a head coach you have a chance to have an affect on a lot of people."

"There's a job and there's a purpose. You want them to tie together."

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Not Andy wants to ask about Harsin's feelings about Halloween. "I like the holidays. I kinda like them all, but go on." GUFFAWS ALL AROUND

Not Andy asks about his favorite candy. He says Snickers. "I love Halloween. I didn't bring the sack; I brought the pillowcase. I scouted it out ... the ones that gave out the full candy bars. I wasn't going to waste my time."

"I'm not a big scary-movie guy. You go back to the old ones ... Jason and Friday The 13th. Now they're just stupid when you look back at them. You could have gotten away." GUFFAWS ALL AROUND

ADDISON is in the house. She wants to know about the biggest challenge for the game against Arkansas. "I would say their speed. They have really good team speed. They do get to the football fast. I think they play hard. I think they have a toughness to them. They're usually a very physical football team when you play them. We won that game (last year), but we got hit hard."

Andy wants to talk about Anders Carlson being a finalist for a big scholarship for being a good dude and athlete. "He certainly deserves this. He's a standout on the football field. He's a stand-up man. He's going to play a lot of years in the league. He's got that demeanor. He's going to get better as he gets into the NFL. He'll always be successful because of how hard he works every single day."

Not Andy wants to wrap this up. No question asked. Just rambling about how Auburn fans are great. Harsin lustily agrees. "(His players) are excited to go play at home. They want to go out there and have a successful game. Every recruit ... they talk about the environment. I expect great football from our team."

We get a joyous WAR EAGLE to wrap.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

NOW WE HAVE SER RICH McGLYNN, SECOND INTERIM ATHLETIC DIRECTOR

Rich says his mom's birthday on the 31st. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOM!

Andy wants to talk about volleyball. "Just to see that program develop ... it's electric in that building. He's doing such a good job. They're not scared of anybody."

Not Andy wants to talk about Neville Arena being an epicenter of fan support these days. "The Auburn Family is electric. It is no doubt the hardest place to play. It's so loud and it's so exciting to play in that facility."

Andy wants to talk about athletics in general. "I'm having a blast. I'm getting to every event possible. I'm trying to make sure we bring back that Auburn Family Feel in the building. I don't know what's going to happen ... but I want folks to think: That man had a blast being the athletic director."

Not Andy babbles about ... I don't even know how to summarize what he said. Rich says the Auburn Family is good people. "With the Auburn Family together, we can do anything."

Andy notes that they're going to have a baseball exhibition tomorrow. "I couldn't ask for a better baseball program and a baseball coach."

Not Andy wants to talk about the football facility. "We're getting really close. We're still a couple weeks out. We're going to do some unveiling around Nov. 10th or 11th with the idea of football getting into that building into December. We think that's going to be a game-changer."

That's a wrap for SER RICH.

He leaves with a confident WAR EAGLE.

BE GOOD. BE YOU.

--30--

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News