ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Today....

AUinHSV

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2015
I haven't done one of these in forever but I need somewhere to collect my thoughts after that debacle.

I actually cannot believe how bad Thorne is. I didn't think he would be some stud but I thought Sean White was his floor. WHEW. If Sean White was playing we win today. His eyes drop within about .5 seconds of receiving the snap. When he does get time he is missing WIDE open guys left and right. It is shocking. There is no double Hugh will be hitting the portal for another qb this offseason. Robby at least looks like he cares out there but he is a total non factor throwing the football. Not breaking news there but he cannot be the starting qb. Holden actually looked somewhat competent. Had a drop and was a toe tap away from scoring an increasing elusive TD. He makes quick decisions and clearly has some arm talent. Not sure we want his first real action to be against UGA tho. Tough spot but I think you just throw Holden to the fire. The other 2 guys are clearly not going to do anything productive, you might as well see what the young kid can do.

On the flip side the defense keeps impressing me. We have help up much better than I thought we would so far this year. We continue to put them in horrible positions and they usually respond. Playing a ton of young guys too. I did not agree with (what appeared to me) a lack of trying to pressure Johnson once he came in the game. Seemed like we tried to sit back assuming he couldn't beat us. Eventually they just got worn down and gave up some chunk plays. We aren't overly talented but that is a D you could win some games with.

Overall I am not all surprised that we lost this game, but the fact that we are so entirely lifeless on offense is shocking to me. I watch downright awful teams move the ball up and down the field every weekend. How can we not occasionally put a drive together? We had more fumble return yards than passing yards today. That is hard to do. 2.8 YPA is hard to do. There were always going to be growing pains but we look like a bad FCS team on offense, and that will start to negatively impact recruiting if we can't get something going.

What would yall do at QB?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News