ADVERTISEMENT

The Second Saturday in November

penya87

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
There is a burning deep down in my stomach still from the ideas of what could have been.

"I think he's going to be a nightmare (for Nick Saban)"

"Next year, Auburn's going to be better than Alabama. Auburn is going to go into Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama. They're going to beat Florida State. They're going to win back-to-back national titles."

November 8th, 2014

Auburn fumbles away the football TWICE in the final 3 minutes of the game against Texas A&M to lose 41-38. The first fumble happened at the A&M 2-yard line. The second fumble was at the A&M 28-yard line.

Up to that game, Auburn was ranked #3 in the country in the AP poll. Gus Malzahn had a record of 18-2 in regular season games, and 19-3 overall.

November 12, 2016

Auburn heads to Georgia to play the 5-4 Bulldogs. Auburn has the unfortunate luck of Sean White battling a shoulder injury and Kam Pettway blowing out his hamstring the week prior vs. Vanderbilt. Auburn would lose 7-13 in an ugly game. AND in the spirit of the Bryan Harsin "we try hard", Auburn took #1 ranked bama to half-time 9-13 two weeks later with Jeremy Johnson at QB.

Up to that game, Auburn was ranked #8 in the country in the AP poll. Gus Malzahn had a record of 31-13 in regular season games, and 33-15 overall.

November 9, 2019

Auburn is actually off this week. They play uga the following Saturday, November 16th. Auburn had just beaten Ole Miss to take the record to 7-2. Two tough road losses to UF and the eventual national champion LSU.

Up to that weekend, Auburn was ranked #12 in the AP poll. Gus Malzahn had an overall record of 60-29. That is a win percentage of .674

There is no question that it was time to move on from Gus following the 2020 season. But as we are in the midst of Hell under Bryan Harsin, I think its important to reflect on how freaking close Auburn Football got under Gus Malzahn to really putting together a near decade of great football.

Gus took Auburn into the SECOND SATURDAY IN NOVEMBER ranked in top-12 FIVE times. 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019.

I don't know who is going to be the next Auburn Football coach... but as long as that man isn't a robotic, booger-picking, PO-TAY-TOE... Auburn football willl once again find itself back into the top tier in College Football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News