ADVERTISEMENT

The person that has done the most damage to Auburn Football in it's history?

Hornswoggle

All-American
Mar 18, 2013
This occurred to me the other day but was lost in the hysteria of the football game. I was thinking about our defensive coordinator position and contrasting it to what we used to have with Kevin Steele (he is at Alabama now by the way and seems to be doing an acceptable job). A little history lesson for you young bucks, he was at Auburn a couple of years ago and was kicking ass. He was approached about taking over for Gus Malzahn at the end of the season and agreed to do so. Our athletic director torpedoed his hire and brought in a good-looking, intellectual elitist to replace Gus instead. While Kiffin was running plays and our defensive players were constantly out of position I was thinking, hmm, we should have brought Steele back instead of trying out some Big 12 guy, yet we didn't. In hindsight, it seems pretty idiotic to make this decision, but our administration doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done since the disappearance of Bobby Lowder as history has shown.

This got me thinking about the time we almost had Petrino as head coach but didn't make that move and then I started thinking about who was ultimately responsible for that. Jay Freeking (with a G) Tate. The deal was done, Tubs was out, and Petrino was in and then this guy got involved and blew the whole thing up. His fake news story (according to how a former president of ours classifies news he doesn't like) made the cowards in the Auburn administration bow to public pressure and squash the Petrino hire which led to Tuberville staying and Louisville beating teams by 40 points per game for the next several years.

Jay F. Tate's intentional sabotaging of the Auburn football program has directly led to the following chain of events:

1) Keeping Tuberville when we were ready to fire him (Petrino would have gone undefeated in '04 also so don't bring that shit in here).

2) SACS probation which impacted every decision made with regards to the football program for the next 20 years like allowing Allen Green to hire Bryan Harsin

3) The removal of the general manager of the football program (Bobby Lowder) which created a huge power vacuum that has caused factions to work against each other instead of all pulling in the same direction for 20 years. Do you think that Lowder would been able to be the difference between hiring Gus or hiring Kirby or does he not have any more gravitas than Jay Jacobs?

4) The ascension of the Georgia program due to the fact that we hired Gus instead of Kirby.

I would also say that due to the butterfly effect of us bringing in Petrino that Saban would never have ended up at bama. We would have been kicking so much ass that bama's reaction time on dumping Shula would have been moved up and the position wouldn't have been open when he decided to leave the Dolphins.

So the question of "Why would he do this to our program" obviously comes to mind. The only explanation is that he foresaw the ascension of the Auburn basketball program and the imminent and subsequent displacement of his beloved Kentucky Wildcats as the top dog in the conference.

Raise your hand if you are paying this football terrorist $10/month for ruining what you love.

I would like to issue Eric Ramsey a public apology for all of the nasty things that I have said about him throughout the years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News