ADVERTISEMENT

The MetallicAub 2023 End of Year Concert Awards!!!!

MetallicAub

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
This was arguably one of the strongest and most diverse concert schedules I have had in years...I really loved every show I was able to attend.
Lots of nostalgia at the Sick New World Festival, Pantera twice, Metallica twice, the Dip twice, Sevendust 3 times and some great new bands in Sleep Token, Bad Omens and Turnstile. A few great family moments thrown in and 2023 was an absolute concert going success. Here is mrecap. Top

Top 5 shows from the year...

1 - System of a Down, Las Vegas NV
2 - Metallica M72, St Louis MO
3 - Tool, Louisville KY
4 - Deftones, Las Vegas NV
5 - Queens of the Stone Age, Louisville KY

Awards
Best Song - Prison Song, System of a Down
Best Song part 2 - Swerve City, Deftones
Best Song part 3 - What Lurks on Channel X, Rob Zombie
Best Song part 4 - A Song for the Dead, Queens of the Stone Age
Best Song part 5 - Forty Six and Two, Tool
Biggest Surprise - Turnstile...very impressive live band. Loved the energy and the music was fantastic.
Best Opener Traditional Show - Pantera, St Louis MO
Best Non Headliner Festival Show - Queens of the Stone Age, Louisville KY
Best Returning Band from Hiatus - Stabbing Westward, Las Vegas NV
Biggest Disappointment - Green Day, Las Vegas NV. I mean there are money grabs and then there are MONEY GRABS. Just an awful and annoying show.
Biggest Disappointment part 2 - Fall Out Boy, Charlotte NC. Do not transition to live well at all. Songs are so overproduced when they play live it doesn't sound close to the same. Awful effort for a very expensive ticket.
Biggest Disappointment part 3 - God Smack, Louisville KY. Been doing the same show for 15 years...time to mix it up or just retire.
Best Cover - Corey Taylor covering Motorhead's Ace of Spades, Louisville KY
Best Cover part 2 - In This Moment covering Nine Inch Nails Something I Can Never Have, Greensboro NC
Best Dad Moment - Took my Daughter to Fall Out Boy and she loves them. We had a wonderful time hanging out in the lawn and having a concert "picnic" as she was calling it
Best Son Moment - Got free tickets to see Yes in Greensboro, my Dad's favorite band. He had a great time and I was glad to experience it with him.
Best LAMP Moment - Wife and I got to meet the Dip at a bar before their show in Chapel Hill. She works for Lee and I work for Wrangler Jeans so we got their info, sent them some free stuff and they have been wearing it on tour all year. Mostly the Lee stuff :)
Weirdest Moment - Avenged Sevenfold's set in Louisville was stopped 4 times due to knuckledhead kids getting hurt. Never seen anything like it...maybe once but FOUR times because of overserved/over drugged kids passing out during the set. It was unbelievable a ruined a strong headliner. We left after the 4th stoppage but there was a 5th.
Best food - Island Noodles, Las Vegas NV and Louisville KY
Best food that wasn't Island Noodles - Salt + Smoke, St Louis MO
Best Last Minute Purchase - Trivium and Beartooth in Grand Rapids, MI
Nostalgia made it enjoyable - Korn, Las Vegas NV. These songs just don't work any longer and the new stuff isn't great.
Nostalgia made it enjoyable part 2 - Coal Chamber, Las Vegas NV
Best Production - Disturbed, Alpharetta GA
Best Crowd Atmosphere - System of a Down, Las Vegas NV
Band I have to see again soon - Sleep Token
Band I have to see again soon part 2 - Bad Omens
Finally got to see them live - Spiritbox, Las Vegas NV
First Time, Now a Fan - Turnstile, Louisville KY

Total Shows - 21 Days of Concerts including Sick New World and Louder than Life
States Visiting for shows - 7
Number of free shows - 3
Total Bands - well over 100...maybe pushing 150

Lined up for 2024...
Tool, Charlotte NC
Metallica, Chicago
Louder than Life, Louisville KY

TL-DR What was the best show you saw in 2023?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News