ADVERTISEMENT

The future of classic music…

rthomas14

BUNKER SOCIAL CHAIR
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
I was in a discussion with @Mikecb22 earlier today about music and it got me thinking.
I love music. My musical tastes are very incredibly varied. I’m grew up in the 70s/80s so classic rock was just…rock when I was growing up but 50 years later my kids and their friends know the lyrics to tons of the songs I had on albums, 45s or cassettes. I believe it was the greatest era of music ever. Mike disagreed which is perfectly fine. I enjoy Motown, some metal (not that death metal stuff), R&B, rap, bluegrass, some Country, Christian, etc. I enjoy new music and old music, but our conversation made me wonder, what are the songs being produced today, that will be the “Classic Rock” of 2075? What songs will kids know every word to, decades into the future that have been released in the past 10-15 years?

I’m not even denigrating today’s music. I like a lot of it. I just wonder if it has the staying power of those classic songs of the 70s & 80s.

Anyway, maybe no one is interested in this but me and if that’s the case, that’s cool as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News