ADVERTISEMENT

Texas losses star CB to the Portal

LexTiger

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2002

Texas Longhorns lose highly-rated CB in huge transfer portal blow​

Coach Steve Sarkisian has a lot of work to do such that he fills the gaps of the Texas football program in their defensive personnel. They lost Ryan Watts to the 2024 NFL Draft and it looks like they also lost their grip on Terrance Brooks. The Longhorns have yet again lost a methodical defensive menace because of the NCAA Transfer Portal.

You heard that right! Terrance Brooks has officially entered his name in the NCAA Transfer Portal. The Texas football cornerback had a lot of gratitude for the support of the Longhorns faithful and the opportunity to play under Coach Steve Sarkisian. He then posted his parting message to the program.

“I want to thank God, my family, and the Longhorn nation for everything. At this time, I will be entering into the transfer portal,” Terrance Brooks wrote.

He had a fantastic time with the Texas football squad. Brooks was used a lot to defend passes and it always ended well for the Longhorns. His violent hands and pesky nature allowed him to lead the team in interceptions. His three picks also paired well with his production of six passes defended and 20 tackles recorded.

Going back to his interceptions, he also knew how to run the route to give his squad some yardage. To put it into perspective, he notched a total of 42 yards because of his interceptions. That is an average gain of 14 yards per pick which not a lot of cornerbacks in college football can achieve.

All of these numbers did not go unrewarded. He was an honorable mention for the All-Big 12 team and could have probably gotten more recognition. Now, Brooks is in search of a new home that can also lead him into title contention like Texas. Where do you think he lands in the transfer portal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News