ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ***Some football notes...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
This info is for subscribers of AuburnSports.com...

** The NCAA transfer portal opens tonight at midnight and lasts for 15 days. This is for players entering the portal. They can exit the portal at anytime.

** Auburn already has three players that have announced they will enter the portal: LB's Desmond Tisdol and Kam Brown, and DL Jeffrey M'Ba. We are expecting several more to join them in the coming days. Two players to watch are QB T.J. Finley and WR Tar'Varish Dawson. I'm not reporting they are definitely transferring, just putting them on my watch list.

** Auburn would like to improve its roster for 2023 in the portal. The priorities are QB, WR, IOL and Jack LB. Other positions like DL, CB or LB could be in play as Auburn looks to bring in anyone that can help them improve. I wouldn't rule out multiple QB's, WR's or Jack LB's if those players are available.

** Tomorrow is also the start of the contact period. Auburn won't be sending out its entire staff next week as they need coaches on-hand for visitors, but a couple are expected to go out and visit schools. More coaches will head out as portal season slows down. The evaluation period last through May 31. Coaches are allowed 168 evaluation days combined and can visit schools twice.

** The field at Jordan-Hare Stadium is getting a facelift this spring. The drainage system will be upgraded and new turf added. The biggest change will be the crown down the middle of the field, which will be lowered to match the one on the new practice fields. For those that don't know, J-H has had a pretty high crown compared to other schools for a number of years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News