ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers needed from the mainboard

gatorz1209

WISCONSIN FAN — IGNORE
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I’m sure a lot of you have seen, but one of the legendary mainboard guys is struggling with Covid and on a vent. Some of you may remember PopcornSutton. He’s young (31). I text with one of his good friends and they’re all having a hard time comprehending the whole thing. Please keep PS in your prayers, if you are so inclined.

I’m sure a lot of you have seen, but one of the legendary mainboard guys is struggling with Covid and on a vent. Some of you may remember PopcornSutton. He’s young (31). I text with one of his good friends and they’re all having a hard time comprehending the whole thing. Please keep PS in your prayers, if you are so inclined.

Reactions: gatorz1209
There’s a thread over at the OM site where OP says young people never struggle with Covid. It’s just not true right now. Prayers up for this young man and his family and his friends.

Done. Going to need a miracle, though. Seems like a vent is basically a death sentence since Delta became the dominant variant. Odds weren't good before, but especially bad now.

There’s a thread over at the OM site where OP says young people never struggle with Covid. It’s just not true right now. Prayers up for this young man and his family and his friends.

Clarification....not this threads OP....that threads OP....just in case.
I was concerned for a second that someone took my handle and subscribed over there lol

Reactions: BigtimeAub
Done. Going to need a miracle, though. Seems like a vent is basically a death sentence since Delta became the dominant variant. Odds weren't good before, but especially bad now.
Yep. Mr. H said something along the lines a few weeks ago that they’ve only had a few come off the vents alive lately. It’s really sad. I’m hoping PS’s age can pull him through

Prayers sent.

Something that goes through my head... and I don't want this to come across as insensitive... but when I hear about stories like this I have to know if that person was vaccinated or not.

Im 34-years old. I am in good health. I can't imagine going through this. I have also been fully vaccinated.

I need to know this can't happen to me.

Prayers sent.

Something that goes through my head... and I don't want this to come across as insensitive... but when I hear about stories like this I have to know if that person was vaccinated or not.

Im 34-years old. I am in good health. I can't imagine going through this. I have also been fully vaccinated.

Vaccinated or not, it can still happen to you. However, you are exceedingly less likely being vaccinated.

Prayers sent.

he wasn’t. this virus is unpredictable as i know several people who are unvaxxed andmassively fat with multiple underlying conditions and pretty much a ticking time bomb in general to kick covid without any problem at all, while at the same several healthy and vaccinated people that have been slammed or killed by it.

he wasn’t. this virus is unpredictable as i know several people who are unvaxxed andmassively fat with multiple underlying conditions and pretty much a ticking time bomb in general to kick covid without any problem at all, while at the same several healthy and vaccinated people that have been slammed or killed by it.
The disparities between the two parties are massive though. It’s not just a random draw.

Done

Prayers sent.

It will lower the risk, but none of us are bulletproof. Have a totally vaccinated friend in icu. This stuff is soooooo unpredictable.

Prayers sent.

I'm 34, asthmatic (with a couple of bouts of pneumonia in my history), and have 2 positives in the household Monday. My 1 year old and my vaxxed wife. She's feeling rough so I'm helping with the sick little one and my oldest daughter.

I got the 4 shot monocolonal antibodies due to my condition in my stomach yesterday (even after testing negative). That and the vaccine should keep me out the hospital. I'm feeling confident I'll be good!

Last edited:
I'm 34, asthmatic (with a couple of bouts of pneumonia in my history), and have 2 positives in the household Monday. My 1 year old and my vaxxed wife. She's feeling rough so I'm helping with the sick little one and my oldest daughter.

I got the 4 shot monocolonal antibodies due to my condition in my stomach yesterday (even after testing negative). They we the vaccine should keep me out the hospital. I'm feeling confident I'll be good!
Damn.. that is a lot to take on. Good luck to you and the fam!

Yep. Mr. H said something along the lines a few weeks ago that they’ve only had a few come off the vents alive lately. It’s really sad. I’m hoping PS’s age can pull him through
So very sad. Covid causes inflammation and ventilators do as well, making the lungs get so hard. I wish there was something else that can be done as almost nobody comes off the ventilator.

Stop it.

Reactions: aubie1993
Prayers sent

Prayers sent.

Well over 99% of people on vents and/or dying are unvaccinated. some love to point to that less than 1% as evidence that delta is causing vaccinated people to die. If you refuse to get vaccinated now I seriously doubt your IQ level. It’s that simple. Sorry/not sorry if that offends you. Tired of knowing people that have died when it’s preventable.

There are always exceptions.. but they are labeled exceptions for a reason..

Well over 99% of people on vents and/or dying are unvaccinated. some love to point to that less than 1% as evidence that delta is causing vaccinated people to die. If you refuse to get vaccinated now I seriously doubt your IQ level. It’s that simple. Sorry/not sorry if that offends you. Tired of knowing people that have died when it’s preventable.
I am by no means anti-vaxx but I don't interact with the medical community much at all and I HATE needles. The advent of Delta and the idea that being intubated was becoming a virtual death sentence for the unvaccinated was finally enough to spur me out of my lethargy/indifference. I got the first Moderna shot a week ago Sunday.

Made me pretty sick for a couple of days (maybe I had a previous asymptomatic infection - who knows?) but it's all better now. Round 2 on September 26th..

I've heard that reaction to the 2nd shot can be worse. I sure hope not but we shall see

Why do you continue to pull shit out of your ass and mislead people?
  • Per the CDC, more than 166 million people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.
  • Meanwhile, 7,101 people of those fully vaccinated people (about 0.005%) were hospitalized from COVID-19.

Prayers sent.

It’s a completely reasonable question to ask. A young vaccinated person requiring a ventilator is definitely an exception to the rule.

You personally know several healthy and vaccinated people who have died or became seriously ill(ICU, vent) from covid?

That's terrible. T&Ps for sure.

I'm recovering from a covid bout myself. I'm 38, vaccinated, and healthy. Still, I was bedridden for several days. Crazy fevers. Still don't have taste or smell. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if my body didn't have some immunity from the shot.

Be careful out there everybody!

You personally know several healthy and vaccinated people who have died or became seriously ill(ICU, vent) from covid?
I don’t know of any. On the opposite end, it has been weird to see what @T I G E R was describing, in the unvaxxed. One of the healthiest, youngest, and most fit co workers of mine, has had his ass kicked. On the opposite end an older, overweight, long time smoker, with co-morbidities can’t seem to catch it. Despite close to 50% of the Molly’s having tested positive already. Talking no precautions what so ever. Really looking like he falls into the cock roach camp.

Appreciate the positivity.

I am in a very rural county with the first or second lowest population in the entire state of GA and the Delta strain has taken people aged 53, 50, 46, 35, and 30 years old. We've also had a 4 and 6 year old test positive. This strain likes younger, unvaccinated people.

• Sad
Reactions: Big Blue
I lost a good friend last week. He was 46 and healthy (I’m 45). Went to hospital and just gradually deteriorated over 2.5 weeks.

• Sad
Yore welcome.

It is just scary stuff man. Perfectly healthy, young people just being destroyed by covid. And the vent doesn’t seem to do anything but prolong it.
Yeah, but that's more an outlier. Statistically speaking, of course. Eat right, be healthy, be vaxed, wear masks, use common sense, and the chances are extremely small that you will face a fatal outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT