ADVERTISEMENT

People with AU Gymnastics knowledge and connections GITT

Thor Odinson

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2010
Asgard
Me and my 5 year old daughter are going to our first AU gymnastics meet today. We are also bringing one of her best friends from her cheer team. We were fortunate enough to get front row tickets to this meet. She is super excited to go and was actually interviewed by a local news station after Suni won at the Olympics and is over the moon about the opportunity to see her in person. I have a few things I’m curious about though

For those that have been in the past, last year more than anything, do the girls come out early or stay after the meet and interact with the fans any (Pictures, autographs, etc?). I figured if they did last year they probably would this year, but have never been to a meet to know if they even did something like that or not.

For those who may know, I’ve seen 2 different ways that the floor is going to be setup. On StubHub, the floor is setup the way it was last year with floor in the middle, vault in front of sections 110-113, and then beam and bars on each side of the floor. On Auburn’s website, which was updated at the end of June, it shows the vault in front of sections A-C, Floor on the right closer to section 110-111, and beam and bars on the far left in between Section A and 113. I bought my tickets in section A based on the latter setup since it came from Auburn, but just didn’t know if anyone here would know for sure.

How has parking usually been? Based on Auburn’s website. There’s plenty of free parking right at the Arena or across the street at Beard Eaves, but I just wanted to get confirmation if that was correct and how likely it was for the free parking to be full by the time we get there around 5:00 PM.

For anyone that has any connections with the team or any gymnasts, in case my first question isn’t something that normally happens, would there be any way of getting something like that set up before or after the meet? I know it’s super short notice, and I would imagine it would be just about impossible to have Suni come out and say hey before or after, but if some of the other girls could, that would still make my little girl’s night.

Thanks in advance for anyone that offers advice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News