ADVERTISEMENT

Our fighting Pearls and Auburn itself…

Archie

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2002
Huntsville, AL
getting no respect today in basketball circles…it’s all about the pistol packing bammers and their “school”…

From The Athletic…
What are the 5 best men’s college basketball rosters right now? Mailbag

Which 5 teams have the most talent on their roster, and which 5 teams would you rank first in a preseason poll? — Elijah H.​

Give me a top five of Kansas, Houston, North Carolina, Baylor and Alabama. The Jayhawks, Cougars and Tar Heels are all stacked with returning star power and quality additions. And let me add a nod to Nate Oats and the Crimson Tide’s staying power: If Bama gets back Mark Sears to go with the return of Latrell Wrightsell Jr. and Grant Nelson — plus the addition of coveted transfers Aden Holloway (Auburn), Chris Youngblood (South Florida) and Cliff Omoruyi (Rutgers) — the Tide are Final Four good again. — Kyle Tucker

In no particular order: Kansas, Baylor, Duke, Alabama, and Iowa State. Kansas would be my early pick for preseason No. 1 because of the ridiculous portal class Bill Self signed, on top of how much talent is returning to Lawrence. Hunter Dickinson, Dajuan Harris Jr., and KJ Adams are all back, but are now bolstered by offseason imports Rylan Griffen (Alabama), AJ Storr (Wisconsin), Zeke Mayo(South Dakota State), and Riley Kugel (Florida). Who does Self start? Baylor and Alabama have also been transfer portal winners so far; Baylor’s duo of Jeremy Roach (Duke) and Norchad Omier (Miami) will fit excellently in Scott Drew’s system, and Alabama’s recent addition of Omoruyi gives Oats another Final Four-caliber squad. Iowa State supplemented its perimeter trio of Tamin Lipsey, Milan Momcilovic, and Keshon Gilbert with Saint Mary’s big Joshua Jefferson, one of my favorite under-the-radar adds of the offseason. And lastly, Duke, which has remade its roster this offseason around incoming No. 1 recruit Cooper Flagg — who, yes, is really that good. Can Flagg and the rest of Duke’s top-ranked incoming class succeed in the sport’s oldest era? I’m cautiously optimistic. — Brendan Marks

From Twitter…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News