ADVERTISEMENT

On QB situation

dekalbtiger

All-American
Aug 7, 2001
PT is our best option. Yeah he missed a couple of throws yesterday. The one to Fair was very costly.

Our OL was getting abused out there. We’ve got to find a right tackle because Miller is a liability every play. After watching film, PT couldn’t have done much to escape or time to throw ball on most of the sacks. The one where the outside blitz showed his hand early and everyone in stadium knew he was blitzing was on a called QB draw and Payton just couldn’t get away from him quick enough. Maybe should of checked out of it, maybe not.

RA is not a liable option to run this offense and HG didn’t show me any better accuracy when he was in there. He chunked a couple of fades in the end zone completely out of bounds.

I still think PT can be a good QB given better blocking and some good check down plays for when team’s blitz because we are gonna see plenty of that in the games to come.

The game could have went a total different direction if not for BS holding calls in the first half by the same ref when we were in the red zone on successful plays that would have had us set up nice. Both calls on 53 and 27 were total bullshit and makes me question the refs integrity. Don’t know how those sob’s aren’t held accountable for such blatant horse shit calls.

I would have liked for us to have stayed with PT and continued to run the ball to slow down the rush and open up some throwing lanes that hopefully PT would have made.

Not saying PT didn’t have a poor performance but still believe he gave us our best chance to win that game and upcoming games. When we suck balls on offense we always blame the QB (look at Bo) but it’s very apparent that PT holds the best ability to pass and run out of the QB’s. Is he a NFL talent? Hell naw but neither is Milroe and other QB’s in this league but they have better talent around them.

It’s what we got and have to roll with it. We better get the OL fixed no matter who’s playing QB. Jmho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News