ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

I’m disappointed @BryanMatthews hasnt posted in this thread. I made it to page 9 before I had to start scrolling to see if he responded

I did get to use my ignore option for the first time, thank you Daniel.

Auburn creates its own competitive disadvantage, Bruce Pearl doing his thing and livin’ a teenage dream...

MUSINGS
Liberal bs. And pathetic.

You don't think football player's can survive covid? Vaccinating obviously does not prevent infection. Get a life
I think it’s a core group that has convinced others that the government is trying to control everyone with the vaccine.
You think that's not actually accurate with one party screaming mandates?

Liberal much?

Crisis=control and profit. Phizer always have good intentions jgt?

People can choose to the possibility of illness over the unknown.

• Haha
Reactions: furr623

You don't think football player's can survive covid? Vaccinating obviously does not prevent infection. Get a life

Liberal much?

Waits until Page 21 to post...handle checks out...

Reactions: AUDUckhunter

Liberal much?

psycho-adam-sandler.gif

Liberal much?

Im gonna step out on a limb here, and say that you think politics is important. I’ll bet that you aren’t a fan of the Democratic Party as well.

if Ive mischaracterized your position, I apologize

Liberal much?

Illness over the unknown? Don’t you believe the virus was created in a China lab? You think that’s simply an “illness” and not the unknown?

Shit like this is the reason Auburn can never seem to take that next step. Harsin is getting paid a lot of money to win football games. By not having the team at 85 percent vaccinated he’s made his job even harder than it already was.
"By not having the team at 85 percent vaccinated". So he should force or convince young men into something they are not comfortable doing?

Is UGA at a competitive disadvantage considering they lost 3 starters? Or does competitive advantages only take into account vaccination numbers?

"By not having the team at 85 percent vaccinated". So he should force or convince young men into something they are not comfortable doing?
Force, absolutely not. Convince, yeah, like lots of other coaches have done. Auburn has the lowest vaccination rate in the SEC. To me that has to mean one of two things.

1. Auburn has recruited the dumbest group of players in the SEC.
2. Coach Harsin (who I am a big fan of btw) hasn’t been as effective at convincing his team to get vaccinated as other coaches in the league.

To me number two seems more likely.

Im gonna step out on a limb here, and say that you think politics is important. I’ll bet that you aren’t a fan of the Democratic Party as well.

if Ive mischaracterized your position, I apologize
I'm going to step out on the limb and say that grammar is not important to you

Force, absolutely not. Convince, yeah, like lots of other coaches have done. Auburn has the lowest vaccination rate in the SEC. To me that has to mean one of two things.

2. Coach Harsin (who I am a big fan of btw) hasn’t been as effective at convincing his team to get vaccinated as other coaches in the league.

We can agree to disagree. JayG mentioned earlier that Harsin has spoke about vaccinations, how hard? Who knows? These players may be looking at it from a health concern, while fans are only worried about getting to attend games and winning. Fans are not complaining because they truly care for the health of those players.

There has to be a reason for the self-inflicted dysfunction here. Either the kids aren't listening to our people, or we have some leadership questions at the onset.

Either way, this can't what anybody wanted to see from a new staff.

tJpIWhZZm0js62JxyYSDm1BFQMe2ta0acisv5YNyLg2MvGdcF2Og2f7UKDBEqjV6t0y8GTjY2uYpQqhA3j9JOUarIM_jxsIpJtFr9g=w600

Reactions: furr623
Fans are complaining because there is a good bit of evidence out there to suggest that we shooting ourselves in the foot over what should absolutely be a non-issue.
Just because you don’t have an issue with something doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t. Your statement is what you would do. Thankfully you don’t get to decide for others.

Just because you don’t have an issue with something doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t. Your statement is what you would do. Thankfully you don’t get to decide for others.
Someone could have an issue about anything, in theory. There’s a remarkably easy fix to this one.

Hey, maybe nothing comes of it. I guess we will see.

Someone could have an issue about anything, in theory. There’s a remarkably easy fix to this one.

Hey, maybe nothing comes of it. I guess we will see.
Those choosing not to get the needle are doing so because of personal reason of their choice. Your reasoning for why they should get the needle is due to selfish reason to watch them play for your enjoyment. I’m glad, for now, we live in a free society. War Eagle!

• Love
Reactions: tickledone
Those choosing not to get the needle are doing so because of personal reason of their choice. Your reasoning for why they should get the needle is due to selfish reason to watch them play for your enjoyment. I’m glad, for now, we live in a free society. War Eagle!
I expect our athletes on scholarship to follow the lead and recommendations of our coaches for the betterment of the team. If we fail to meet the threshold necessary to avoid much more stringent testing, that's a legitimate concern, imo.

Reactions: DaddybAUl
How can anybody read that article and think it’s about virtue signaling? It’s about a coach that’s paid $5 million a year to win games not doing what it takes to increase the odds of winning games.
How can you not see that he’s not going to FORCE anyone into a decision? How can you find him at fault for a young mans decision of what to do with their bodies? It’s very strange behavior and I’m surprised so many are on board with this line of thinking.

How can you not see that he’s not going to FORCE anyone into a decision? How can you find him at fault for a young mans decision of what to do with their bodies? It’s very strange behavior and I’m surprised so many are on board with this line of thinking.
The same ones who scream “it’s her right to choose” now dont want that same privilege for young athletes or anyone else for that matter.

They are at the bottom or near the bottom of the sec. Read the article if you want the truth.

I expect our athletes on scholarship to follow the lead and recommendations of our coaches for the betterment of the team. If we fail to meet the threshold necessary to avoid much more stringent testing, that's a legitimate concern, imo.
Your selfishness is growing by trying to turn this into betterment of the team. They workout hard & practice hard to get better for themselves and their teammates. Taking a unproven, and no knowledge of side effects in years to come, was not part of the scholarship they signed. The stance you are taking would be that if a female athlete, on scholarship, were to get pregnant she should have an abortion to be able to perform for her teammates. WOW. You can attempt to spin this however you choose but some personal decisions are far bigger than the team.

Your selfishness is growing by trying to turn this into betterment of the team. They workout hard & practice hard to get better for themselves and their teammates. Taking a unproven, and no knowledge of side effects in years to come, was not part of the scholarship they signed. The stance you are taking would be that if a female athlete, on scholarship, were to get pregnant she should have an abortion to be able to perform for her teammates. WOW. You can attempt to spin this however you choose but some personal decisions are far bigger than the team.
Lol… I should have known that I was dealing with an anti-vax rube here. My apologies for overestimating you.

Reactions: DaddybAUl
Lol… I should have known that I was dealing with an anti-vax rube here. My apologies for overestimating you.
You can’t just laugh off your selfishness. Kindergartners call people names when they have no intelligence response. Rube?? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT