ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Cristobal, did he doom his career with one enormously stupid call?..........

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
Does a coaching decision like that sabotage your program to a point of being irreparable? I mean, a lot of your team has to have lost total trust in the HC. Recruits have to start wondering if they want to play for a guy who does something so blatantly stupid. Defensive staff has to feel like they had worked their asses off to win a low scoring game, just for the HC to stab them in the back.

I think you can repair the damage, but it's going to take a good bit of effort and time from Mario. It's hard to go on apology tours while preparing for your next game. It's not like he just made a bad judgement call late in a game. That happens. He made the worse possible call, in a for sure win situation. He literally snatched a Loss from the Jaws of Victory.

The guy who directs traffic at my kids school (he's SWAT) wears a Miami visor every morning and dances to music while he directs traffic. He's an absolute joy to see every morning because he's happy and has fun at his job. I actually feel for a guy like that. A die hard who's waited over 20 years for his team to be relevant, just for the HC to **** the entire season up in 40 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News