ADVERTISEMENT

Late night thoughts on CFB landscape changes and what it takes to win it all.

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
I don't intend for this to be long, but I wanted the title to be compelling enough because I'd love to read opinions. With the playoff expanding and portal rules being the wild west, does that conversely mean that depth matters a lot more in the playoffs since you have to string together multiple wins yet....its much harder to build a 2 and 3 deep roster full of superior talent?

A: Does that mean the formula for building a championship team changes?
B: How does NIL impact that?

Is it 5* talent on the 1s, and then building and developing solid 3* type talent on the 2s and 3s (the kinds of guys who can't afford to transfer or wouldn't generate much interest)?
How do you even build and maintain a deep roster when guys can leave whenever they want? I have all kinds of questions and I don't think anyone has the real answer and probably won't for many years. One thing is for sure, I believe the "game" for the top 15 or so teams in CFB has completely changed. NIL contracts need overhauls, there needs to be a way to keep talent at schools etc.

Anyway this was a bit rambling, I probably should work on my writing skills with stuff like this but just curious what everyone thinks.

Thinking Math GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News