ADVERTISEMENT

JWill on Chad Baker Mazara - BBall Fans MUST Read

ChannelBass

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2020
Charleston, SC
I hung around at the end of the recording to hear the SEC Now Crew interview JWill. I thought what he said was awesome! I’ll quote directly so there’s no talk of libel from management. Mods feel free to copy this. I PROMISE it’s word for word from the interview! I took way too long on replay to get the quote exact because I liked it so much…

They asked JWill what happened at half time to change the game. His response is word for word below and I LOVE it!

“Man, Chad Baker, man. It was all Chad Baker, um. He, uh, came in there, kicked the coaches outa the locker room and everything, was just like, all like, we just gotta lock in. We can’t go through this again. We dun lost 2 big ones on the road when we was right there… [other unrelated]… So, we just came out at half time. Shout out to Chad Baker for bein’ on us and makin’ us play harder.”

They asked him about it again at the end and he doubled down…

“Well, BP usually gives us, like, a little time to like, talk, but he kinda walked in and then the staff was kinda like, Chad just kinda basically just kicked him out. Like managers just tryin’ to give us waters and stuff, like, just told ‘em to get out. And then I was like oh! I sat up, you know, I had my chest out. I was like, let me hear what he gotta say. And then, um, I mean he just gave good words and then, we listened, and we stepped up.”

I played ball all through high school on a damn good team and know what a locker room is like. I freaking love this and what it means about team leadership, especially from a first year guy.

Chad Baker and Denver Jones are pleasant surprises proving their worth late in the season and I have loved watching this team. This is my favorite BP team since the Final Four year. Not saying this team is going to do the same, but this squad is different. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News