ADVERTISEMENT

Just reread JG's post and trimmed the fat

WoSDWDE

RUPP RAFTERS' MOST WANTED
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2014
What did he actually say? My interpretation in parenthesis.

1. Small deviations in the plan can be amplified (I think this is tied to point #9. Is AU asking Lane to promise things he isn't willing to promise if he's in full control? Retaining Carnell or others?)
  2. The particular search can be prone to overreaction due to timing
  3. There's a window of IMMENSE INTEREST (AU's offer has been handed over. This is the window for OM to really counter and change Lanes mind, maybe asking if he can really trust AU to be hands off)
  4. Kiffin now under the gun
  5. Some coaches would buckle, some would change their mind (some would, Kiffin isn't one of those coaches)
  6. Kiffin is AU's top choice and has formulated an offer
  7. Chatter "out of Mississippi" is that the deal "hit a snag" (MS movers and shakers are the ones creating the noise. Nothing really from AL side)
  8. Important quote: "I haven’t had anyone actually explain the alleged snag to me. Or even speculate thoughtfully about what it could be. My INTERPRETATION of that, and it’s only an interpretation, is that it’s a ploy to buy time until the Egg Bowl on Thursday night.
  9. notes Kiffin could very well stay in oxford and thinks that will come down to a lack of belief in AU's promises of autonomy (fvcking JABA)
  10. confidence in Kiffin as the next coach is still high (stay the course)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News