ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to thank all the Bunker members for your prayers and support over this last months for Stella❤️

Russ47

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Auburn, Al
Her mom just posted the good news that Stella will be able to move out of the hospital and into the Ronald McDonald House.
Gearing up for discharge tomorrow! I've been told that the nurses have something special planned 😊. I cannot even put into words how much we appreciate everyone that has prayed, sent gifts and cards, and had words of encouragement for us. I'm so thankful 😊. I'm most thankful to be bringing my baby home, even if it's not back to Alabama yet. We have moved into a beautiful post transplant suite here at the Ronald, which has a private kitchen and will enable me to prepare food safely. We basically won't have to leave the room except to get a little fresh air on walks as she regains her strength. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the doctors, especially Dr. Farid Boulad, who came up with this protocol which spares patients the late side effects of radiation. To the nurses, especially the "squad", Sara Varner , Laney, Victoria, and Keri (I will miss your well-timed, inappropriate humor, you're one of us lol), who have gone so far above and beyond just nursing. They have gotten all of us through. To the Nurse's Assistants who sat with us, encouraged us, and enabled the nurses to do their best. To child life, who will literally do ANYTHING to bring a smile to a child's face. Right down to housekeeping, especially one very special, wonderful woman who came to check in and pray for Stella every day she was at work, even when she was in the ICU. The floor can hardly contain the love and joy she carries with her. To the friars at St. Catherine of Siena, who have been such a huge support and even let me use their kitchen to cook something for Stella when she wouldn't eat anything else. To Matthew Joseph Suther for being such a wonderful partner throughout all of this, I could never have done it without you right by my side. It's too much. I love you. To my Mom for feeding Gage for like a month lol, and to my cousin Laura Warner , who is my touchstone here in NYC. She did it, y'all!! It was really hairy for a good minute, but she did it 🎉🎉 Last but not least, I thank God for giving these brilliant brains to the people that figured out how to save both of my children. Sorry for the novel!! More to come tomorrow 😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News