ADVERTISEMENT

I want to greyshirt Dexter Carter Jr.

AuburnLegacy

All-American
Jan 23, 2003
Dexter Carter's kid has been on the scene forever and has done an amazing job for The Bolles School. Visited North Carolina this past weekend. Has offers from TCU, Wisconsin, Duke, Louisville, Cincinnati, and North Carolina. I think he is going to be a major player at whatever position he settles in at in CFB. His ball skills are out of this world. He really doesn't do any other thing great, but does every other thing well. Same as Hines Ward. I hope we can find a way to get him to AU. Greyshirt. Preferred walk on. Whatever. He will be a future all-conference player somewhere.

He may be an all-American but it won't be at Auburn. Again you show your lack of knowledge.

DC Jr. is a very lowly valued prospect. A quite unheralded kid. If I didn't make that point clear at the beginning, I apologize. What I am saying is despite all of his shortcomings as a "prospect," his actual play on the field is going to make some coach somewhere look very good down the road.

Stated differently, a lot of more heralded, more talented kids (like your boy Moorer perhaps) will fall by the wayside in college, while this kid (I predict) will have staying power. I would love to invite this kid to walk on at Auburn or to greyshirt him. He really liked Auburn, post the 2013 Iron Bowl. So luring him as a preferred walk on could work.

Apparently, I am not the only one to feel this way about this player as two former Auburn coaches, Gene Chizik, now at UNC, and Tuberville, now at Cincinnati, are hosting/have hosted him for official visits.

My original post was to more or less to lament not be able to get him at Auburn because we have better players in line to come.

P.S., the last Auburn WR who as the son of a former NFL player turned out pretty good for us, IIRC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT