ADVERTISEMENT

HVAC guys- quick question

goombaby

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2002
Gulf Shores
We have a 3yr old system in our house that has been great up until the past two months or so. Last winter, we came home after a weekend away to find the system not blowing any heated air into the house. Had a tech come and check it. Turns out the copper tubing in the outside compressor had several pinholes in it which caused the freon to leak out. Tech patched the holes and pumped some more freon into the system. Ran great until earlier this summer when we noticed the system couldn't maintain any temp under 77-78 during the afternoons and it took until 9 or 10 at night to bring the temp back down to 72-73 where we like to keep it. Never had this problem before so I know the system isn't undersized, and it was actually really good at bringing the temp back down to normal after we turned it up while we were out of town or during the day when we were at work. It's still blowing cold air so I don't think the freon is leaking again. Checked the blower unit upstairs and found a couple of places in the ductwork where some cold air was leaking out, but not a ton of it. Also found a small leak in the return duct. Plan on patching the leaks I found this weekend to see if that helps. Anything else I should look at before I get a tech back out here? Trying to avoid a $200-$300 bill if it's something simple or easily fixed on my own. Thanks in advance for any help!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News