ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hugh Freeze quick notes (Post-A Day)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are speaking with Hugh following Saturday's A-Day.

*** Thankful for the weather following last year when it made it difficult for everyone.

*** Stood at the end of Tiger Walk and greeted all of the newcomers and returners.

*** The fans showing up showed the Auburn spirit.

*** Lot of great recruits here.

*** Thought they were lacking some energy and pizazz at the start of the game. Need to change that when they come into the stadium.

*** Robert and Cam stood out in the passing game.

*** Oscar was phenomenal in punt drills today. Reed Hughes has been solid as long snapper.

*** "We have two of the best." - on Auburn's kickers

*** "Pleased with the crowd and love our fans." Got a lot to clean up. Can't come into the stadium flat.

*** Pleased with the spring. Coaches prepared hard for every practice.

*** On special teams being solid: "It gives us great confidence. Points are important anytime you can get them. Alex has been injured all spring so that was a great chance for Towns to get out there today."

*** On Cam Coleman: "Well, I think he changes us. We need more. Anxious to get the other signees in Perry and Malcolm here. He just tracks the ball really naturally. He's so teachable and coachable."

*** On if there are more pieces for better passing game: "Absolutely. The more talented receivers we get the better our passing game will be." QBs threw some slants behind people. "I'm confident we can move the football if we continue to add pieces to the roster. I think we have done it some, but we need to do it more."

*** Mentions they toyed with the in-helmet communication the last two Saturday. "It doesn't change the game for those who go up tempo."

*** On defensive line performance: "Really well. I feel like they won the line of scrimmage. I like the guys and the effort they are giving there."

*** On recruiting East Alabama: "You start at home. We want to win our share of battles here."

*** Mentions he adjusted the field position a bit in the fourth quarter. "They (defense) probably deserve to win the day."

*** On Robert Lewis: "Maturity. Veteran guy. A guy who has played a lot of snaps. A really good route runner. Good hands. He's going to be a valuable, valuable part."

*** "It's 100 percent back to what I always called." - on the lingo and communication now in the offensive room. Mentions they went back to it in January.

That's it for Hugh. Enjoy your Saturday!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News