ADVERTISEMENT

Huge win for the Cigar Industry. No more FDA regulations.....

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
Cigars are no longer regulated by the FDA. After decades of Scientific study it is conclusive that cigars are different than any other Tabacco product. There is no nominal rise to health issues from smoking up to 2 cigars a day and second hand cigar smoke health issues are 100% myth. Normally each year after seeing the evidence, judges have sent the findings back to the FDA for them to continue further studies. This week the judge decided that they had been wasting tax payers money and that the FDA actually illegally collected tens of millions of tax payer dollars to chase a health risk myth.

The Obama administration put into effect the S-chip tax stating that a percentage of cigar sales should go towards "Kids Health" programs. Not only did that money never end up in those programs but the studies done by the FDA showed that cigars are not a risk to children. No one under the age of 18 is part of any targeted market, nor do they see cigars as "trendy". The average beginner cigar smokers age is now mid 30's.

Any doctors grouping cigars in with the health risks of any other form of Tobacco use are misinformed and have not seen the studies run by the FDA which had every intention of continuing to make money off of taxpayers for the endless continued study of cigars health effects.

So cigar smokers, go out and buy a bunch of Rocky Patel (a former lawyer) cigars because he spearheaded this for the better part of the past decade and spending over $14 million dollars. No one thought that the cigar industry would ever win this battle but that it'd drag on ad infinitum and tax rates would continue to rise.

I read an article last year where a doctor in Alabama tried to say that bama fans lighting their annual cigar after beating Tennessee was a major health issue..... how are our healthcare providers this out of the loop? There's more nicotine absorbed into the body from eating a raw tomato or eggplant than there is from the interior mouth absorption in a cigar (you don't inhale cigars, you taste the flavor in the smoke). Surgeon General warnings on Cigar boxes are not mandatory (like on cigarettes) and were actually set up by certain cigar companies (General Cigar, the evil empire) because they thought they were getting ahead of the regulations. I expect that will now cease as well.

So light em up! Light em up! Light em up!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News