ADVERTISEMENT

How do you handle "long talkers"?...........

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
I have several customers who ask for me specifically. They all are "long talkers". I literally have to add 30 to 60 minutes to their appointments. I do the bare minimum to interact with them. I'll inch towards the door. I can even say, "alright, well I have another appointment I need to get to." It literally doesn't matter. They willl start to walk me out and then begin a new conversation.

I'm going to have to start upcharging people for my time. I don't care about your choir or garden club. I don't care that your family won't drive down from Michigan to visit you anymore or that people I've never met are getting divorced or are pregnant or are adopting or own 7 dogs or that your ancestors came over from Russia. I'm not going to memorize the recipe for your Squash casserole. You don't need to go find it. I don't care that your little Bichon FrIze has cateracts. I just want to leave. I have other less annoying customers who won't hold up my day and won't suck the energy directly out of my soul. These people have to be extreme narcists to think that it's ok to ruin another persons entire schedule for the rest of the day and throw off schedules for the week. It's inconsiderate. I talk with my customers while I work or while I'm giving an estimate, when the pitch is done and the allotted time is up; I gots to go.

They're gonna be offended, but I'm doubling charges on the next visit. There's 3 people specifically that I just have to go up on. One I really like as a person and like to chat with, but fair is fair and time is money.

Just had to rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News