ADVERTISEMENT

HOT TAKE ALERT: This is Bruce's best coaching job if we make the NCAA Tourney

MattAU05

'FULL HOUSE' FAN
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Daphne, AL
First let me say that I'm probably just trying to find something positive because this has been the most frustrating season I've experienced as a fan in any sport, but hear me out. This is undeniably Bruce's WORST job in terms of roster construction and management, but looking at what we actually have, if he gets one more win and gets this team in the Dance, it is his best coaching job. This is the most talent-deficient team Bruce has had since his first two or three years in Auburn. It has no business being in some of the games we've been in. Alabama should've curb-stomped us twice based on talent, for instance. The fact that this team has only lost by double digits three times is remarkable too (though maybe the UK loss should count for two or three double-digit losses). This team has a better KenPom rating than the 2020 team with Samir. Somehow. This should be a 7-11 SEC team that doesn't see the post-season beyond Nashville, but they're one win away from basically clinching an NCAA tourney berth.

That's not to say Bruce's coaching job this year has been perfect. It hasn't. Continually going to Wendell in late-game situations (when he has yet to deliver a single time, aside from hitting FTs) is unforgivable. His obstinance regarding his player rotations is frustrating. But the game plans he and his staff have had this year have been, generally, immaculate. We just don't have the players to come through.

And I'm still going on record as saying that if I could take a pill and completely remove any memory of this season from my brain, I would do it. I can't ever recall being as frustrated and dejected over how a season has gone for any sports team I've ever supported. None. Not one. I want this season to not have existed. But I also can't deny that Bruce getting what he has out of this team is damn-near-miraculous.

Ok, now y'all can tell me why I'm an idiot. I'm ok with that. And yeah, Bruce absolutely has to fix the roster. I think he knows that, and I think he can do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News