LexTiger

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2002
very sad.

Former Tennis Star Dies of Massive Heart Attack at 31​

Story by David Rufful •1d

Former Tennis Star Dies of Massive Heart Attack at 31

Former Tennis Star Dies of Massive Heart Attack at 31© Provided by America Insider
Former college tennis star Lilly Kimbell died of a heart attack at 31 after she suddenly collapsed at home and was rushed to the hospital.
Despite efforts to perform CPR and save her life, doctors determined she had a massive heart attack. The lack of oxygen left her brain unable to regain consciousness, and she was removed from life support.
Kimbell was one of the most successful tennis players in collegiate history. She won a staggering 197 victories, including 109 in doubles and 88 in singles. She reached the NCAA Quarterfinals four times. (Trending: Biden Family Operated Like Organized Crime)

University of Georgia head coach Jeff Wallace said, “We were stunned and heartbroken to learn of Lilly passing away. I will always remember how she helped create a culture of excellence with her attitude and work ethic,” he continued.

“Lilly was a fantastic teammate and was always smiling and laughing during practice and matches. She ranks as one of the most successful doubles players in Georgia tennis history,” he added. “During the spring of her sophomore year, she went undefeated in doubles with Maho (Kowase), and their 22-match winning streak is still a school record. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family.”

“I really don’t know what to say. I am lost for words and in complete shock, but at the same time I have so much I could say. It all seems so surreal and I’m just waiting to wake up from this bad dream and I’ll see you coming downstairs,” Gillas said. (Trending: Trans Women Wins Major Sports Event)

“Besides what you did on the court I looked up to you as a person. You had this ability to make everyone smile. Whenever we walked into the room you would be surrounded by people laughing and smiling. Everyone seemed to gravitate towards you,” Gillas added.

“I’m still trying to process why God had this happen to you at 31 years old. I shouldn’t had to say goodbye to my sister at 22 years old. I love you so much Lilly. I know you’re looking down at us watching over. You were so talented and loved by so many,” she concluded.

The post Former Tennis Star Dies of Massive Heart Attack at 31 appeared first on America Insider.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News