Jan 15, 2009
It is effective against viruses-flu-covid-malaria, etc
Also Alzheimer's, dementia
get from Amazon and take 16 drops

see below
Sci Rep

. 2021 Jul 12;11(1):14295.
doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-92481-9.

Methylene Blue has a potent antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 and H1N1 influenza virus in the absence of UV-activation in vitro​

Valeria Cagno # 1 2, Chiara Medaglia # 1, Andreas Cerny 3, Thomas Cerny 4, Arnaud Charles-Antoine Zwygart 1, Erich Cerny # 5, Caroline Tapparel # 6
Affiliations expand
Free PMC article

Abstract​

Methylene blue is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and EMA (European Medicines Agency) approved drug with an excellent safety profile. It displays broad-spectrum virucidal activity in the presence of UV light and has been shown to be effective in inactivating various viruses in blood products prior to transfusions. In addition, its use has been validated for methemoglobinemia and malaria treatment. In this study, we first evaluated the virucidal activity of methylene blue against influenza virus H1N1 upon different incubation times and in the presence or absence of light activation, and then against SARS-CoV-2. We further assessed the therapeutic activity of methylene blue by administering it to cells previously infected with SARS-CoV-2. Finally, we examined the effect of co-administration of the drug together with immune serum. Our findings reveal that methylene blue displays virucidal preventive or therapeutic activity against influenza virus H1N1 and SARS-CoV-2 at low micromolar concentrations and in the absence of UV-activation. We also confirm that MB antiviral activity is based on several mechanisms of action as the extent of genomic RNA degradation is higher in presence of light and after long exposure. Our work supports the interest of testing methylene blue in clinical studies to confirm a preventive and/or therapeutic efficacy against both influenza virus H1N1 and SARS-CoV-2 infections.
© 2021. The Author(s).

• Wow
Reactions: Big Blue
Ordered some a couple of weeks ago. Got it middle of last week and have been taking it sense. I am doing 4 mg. at a time, at least twice a day - as it works through your system in about 5 hours.

I am taking it as a general wellness supplement, as well as being hopeful that it staves off dementia as it runs in my family.

I wouldn't swear by it, but I do think I have a bit more energy and are more clear headed since taking it. Still don't know. I'm thinking about upping the dosage to see if I can tell a difference.

A couple of things....
1. It is soooooo easy to make a mess with this stuff. The tiniest droplet can stain like a mofo.
I mixed my batch in a glass jar with a screw-on lid, and have a dropper that stays in the bottle with the mixture.
When I take it out to use, I put on hospital gloves and set everything on paper towels.
I put the glass, lid, and my cup on the paper towel, then get the dropper and lower it into my cup, then squeeze out the proper amount of drops for my dosage.
When done, put the dropper back in the jar, close the lid, and wipe it down before putting back in the cabinet.
I take my gloves off inside out and dispose of them and the paper towels.
... Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not. But trust me on this... if you get this stuff on anything IT WILL STAIN IT.

2. It's dye, or ink, or whatever, so it tastes like shit. I mix it with concord grape juice.
I put just enough juice in the bottom of a cup for one swallow, then add the MB.
I take a shot of that, then immediately pour some more juice in the glass as a chaser to wash out the taste. I've found this to be the best option as the flavor is strong enough to wipe out the bad taste.

3. It turns your pee a pretty aqua color. So there's that.

** I just ordered some eye dropper bottles off of Amazon. I hope that these bottles will be a better container for the MB. Hopefully all I'll have to do is tip the bottle over and squeeze out the drops I need then place the cap back on. Would make for a much easier and neater transmission of the substance.

Anyway, like any supplement, vitamin, or holistic approach to self-health, do your research and due diligence... you always want to make sure you're doing good for yourself instead of harm.

If anyone has been using this, I'd be interested in your experience and dosage.

Using critical thinking to contextualize the litany of commercial health claims is difficult enough for scientists like me, but it becomes considerably more so when revered athletes and celebrities amplify marketing rhetoric out of financial incentives or sheer ignorance.

$1 to Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift? ;)

Ordered some a couple of weeks ago. Got it middle of last week and have been taking it sense. I am doing 4 mg. at a time, at least twice a day - as it works through your system in about 5 hours.

I am taking it as a general wellness supplement, as well as being hopeful that it staves off dementia as it runs in my family.

I wouldn't swear by it, but I do think I have a bit more energy and are more clear headed since taking it. Still don't know. I'm thinking about upping the dosage to see if I can tell a difference.

A couple of things....
1. It is soooooo easy to make a mess with this stuff. The tiniest droplet can stain like a mofo.
I mixed my batch in a glass jar with a screw-on lid, and have a dropper that stays in the bottle with the mixture.
When I take it out to use, I put on hospital gloves and set everything on paper towels.
I put the glass, lid, and my cup on the paper towel, then get the dropper and lower it into my cup, then squeeze out the proper amount of drops for my dosage.
When done, put the dropper back in the jar, close the lid, and wipe it down before putting back in the cabinet.
I take my gloves off inside out and dispose of them and the paper towels.
... Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not. But trust me on this... if you get this stuff on anything IT WILL STAIN IT.

2. It's dye, or ink, or whatever, so it tastes like shit. I mix it with concord grape juice.
I put just enough juice in the bottom of a cup for one swallow, then add the MB.
I take a shot of that, then immediately pour some more juice in the glass as a chaser to wash out the taste. I've found this to be the best option as the flavor is strong enough to wipe out the bad taste.

3. It turns your pee a pretty aqua color. So there's that.

** I just ordered some eye dropper bottles off of Amazon. I hope that these bottles will be a better container for the MB. Hopefully all I'll have to do is tip the bottle over and squeeze out the drops I need then place the cap back on. Would make for a much easier and neater transmission of the substance.

Anyway, like any supplement, vitamin, or holistic approach to self-health, do your research and due diligence... you always want to make sure you're doing good for yourself instead of harm.

If anyone has been using this, I'd be interested in your experience and dosage.
I add 16 drops to glass of water and then a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar plus a little fresh lemon. Taste ok

Reactions: auburnra
Reactions: auburnra
Methylene blue was used during World War Two on millions for malaria treatment after much research. It is now being reused on malaria worldwide
Yep, there are clinical benefits when using higher doses.

"Another important caveat is the dose. A typical (low) therapeutic dose of methylene blue, used in the clinical setting, is 1–2 mg per kilogram of body weight. This equates to about 80–160 mg for an 80 kg (175 lb) adult. Studies in cognitive effects have used an intermediate dose roughly twice this amount (4 mg/kg). Yet, commercial iterations of methylene blue typically contain less than 5 mg total, which is thirty times lower than amounts used in published clinical data. There is little-to-no evidence that commercial-grade methylene blue confers any functional benefits."

Image-3.png

The clinical (therapeutic) dose of methylene blue, as would be prescribed by a doctor (left image), drawn to scale relative to the amount contained in a typical commercial product (right image) on which numerous unfounded claims have been made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT