ADVERTISEMENT

Doing what you love

Bob Mapplethorpe

AKA "MOMO-B"
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2011
Here
I remember being 14 and carving decorative birds with my grandfather. I got better and better, and then I discovered “poon tang” and alcohol. I also started playing guitar and drums in my teens. I left them all behind. I bought my son a very nice Yamaha guitar last year and he is going wild with his lessons. I’m so happy for him and proud. I just bought a guitar for myself, and a carving kit. It hit me the other day. We get to the age of needing to provide a living, and we sacrifice our creative nature. I’m jumping back into guitar and carving immediately. My grandmother was the head of the arts department at AU and pushed my creativity at a young age. I replaced her basement carpet with tile when I was 20. I started to put the threshold down and it broke. She told me quickly to quit worrying and toss it aside. She told me to start breaking tile and make a mosaic for the threshold. She showed me how to be creative beyond my imagination. I’m not quitting my day job, but life is too short to not be creative. My current venture is about to explode, but I’ve been most depressed with the length of time it has taken. Just a reminder to us all to not abandon what we love for any reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News