ADVERTISEMENT

DOC's breaking down the Spring game film

Docdumpsta

L.E.A. COMMISSIONER
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2014
IN THE SPIRIT OF FULL DISCLOSURE: I do not have a copy of the film yet. Will be receiving it this week. However, did get a chance to see the game.

Quick thoughts:

THERE'S BO AND THEN THERE'S------------------ROC THOMAS--I've made plenty of predictions on the BUNKA and many a them ain't always correct but I predict ROC will be the 2nd best back to ever play at Auburn IF he remains healthy.

WAS THAT CAP OR BARBER---I'm like everybody else as I been hearing that supposedly Barber just kills it in practice. Well, we finally got a decent look at him and he is an absolute clone to CAP. I was highly impressed by Barber. I think CAP is one of the best we've had and Barber is just like him.

RICARDO---I really don't expect much different from Ricardo's game this year HOWEVER, the kid caught every ball thrown his way. Even a couple throws where penalties negated the throw, he caught. He looked good.

MARCUS, MARCUS---Got to get the ball in #80's hands. He's a PLAYMAKER!!!!

INTERMEDIATE PASSING ROUTES ARE BACK--Nice to see some 8-12 yard passing routes.

QUARTERBACKS--We fine. JJ got a cannon. Does great when we go 4 wide and the initial guy is open. Quick release. He starts going through them progressions and he needs some work. Holds the ball a little long. Works good against us. Don't work so good against Georgia, LSU and Tuscaloosa.
White is LEGIT. Good quick release. The biggest surprise for me was the Queen kid. I ain't never seen him play. After reading message boards, I was prepared to see a 700 pound kid with 2 fingers and one arm. I liked what we saw out of the kid. His arm talent is plenty fine.

DEFENSIVELY---little disappointed that no one stood out. Thought Cameron Toney tackled well. Was kinda hoping TRIGGA would make his presence felt but truth be told, I couldn't even tell who he was out there, so he obviously wasn't standing out.
In fairness, we held some guys out so it wasn't a true test for the defense.

SUMMARY---Very similar to last season's team. We got some playmakers on offense and we can do some different things with JJ back there. We got a home run hitter in ROC.
Defensively, time will tell if we're any better on that side of the ball.

Reactions: AUBoochie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News