ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes (3/4)...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
Bruce Pearl is speaking to the media Monday morning to preview Tuesday night's game at Missouri. Here's a summary...

** Lior Berman has meant a lot to our program for the last five years on and off the court. Feel so sorry for him. Had worked hard and earned a regular spot in our rotation. He's worked so hard to put himself in this position. Complete ACL tear, no other damage, will get repaired and he'll be playing professionally in Israel next year. One of our hardest workers and a great student.

** Chris Moore will be back in the rotation. Great leader, plays hard, good on defense. Just need him to play with more confidence on offense. He's a great teammate, our best communicator on defense. He can be hard to keep off the offensive glass. He should be hungry. He was starting every game and then lost his spot.

** Still can finish between 1 and 6 in SEC. There's an awful lot to play for in seeding in SEC and NCAA tournaments. Trying to be at out best right now.

** Missouri has not quit. They play hard every night. They have three good guards. They will be playing hard on Senior Night. It means a lot to us too. I loss would set us back because of the RPI/NET numbers. These games matter down the stretch. They're a great free throw shooting team.

** Lior is going to be incredibly successful at life because he's incredibly successful at everything he does. He's a great example for our players. Just be like Lior. He was playing his best basketball.

** Missouri in the last five games: they've been a possession or two out in the last five minutes. We're going to have to play well. Got real length and size at rim. There 7-foot-type kids. They can make tough 2's and get to the foul line.

** Pearl likes where this team is at for a couple of reasons. We know how to defend and communicate. We know we can make it difficult for opponents. One of best defensive teams I've had. We've shot the ball better lately. Guys understand for us to win, we've got to shoot the ball.

** We've got to shoot the ball at Miz better than we've shot the ball on the road. We've won a bunch of games by 10+ points, this probably won't be one of those games.

** We're playing to win at this time of year. Make shots, defend, take care of the basketball. I think our point guard play has improved.

** Chad Baker-Mazara is one of our best players. He was a big spark off the bench. It's important to start well, particularly on the road, and he helps us as a starter. He's very passionate. I want Chad to see himself as a pro more than a young, talented guy that can beat you. I would rather have guys that care more than don't care enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News