ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes (1-26-23)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are set to speak with Bruce Pearl as Auburn prepares to travel to Morgantown to take on West Virginia in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

Follow along and refresh for all updates.

- At the tip off club today, a phenomenal group of Auburn friends that have been around a long time. Pastor Jeremy started off prayer with Psalm 23. "We lose one game at Neville Arena...He was a little quick on the trigger with that."

- See a lot of similarities between A&M and WVU. They turn you over 15 times a game.

- Auburn tried to recruit Stevenson from South Carolina.

- Their schedule has been brutal. They are 33 (he thinks) in the NET.

- It's going to be like a NCAA Tournament game on the road.

- They get to the line a lot.

- "We missed some opportunities to score and then we fouled." - on what happened late last night

- "I like the series. I like the format. Auburn has held its own. We've had some really good wins for the league."

- "I think the biggest challenge is going to be, again for an example, A&M played that game last night like they needed it to be in the NCAA Tournament. This is going to be a similar game. They are going to have a lot of opportunities with their schedule and so will we. I think our guys understand the importance of it."

- On trying to get a Quad 1 win on the road: "It's an opportunity. The Quad-1 thing bounces back and forth. Northwestern is back in the Quad 1 ... This is probably the toughest 12-game stretch I've had in my career, but at the same time it is a great opportunity."

- BP says getting ready for WVU, a team they are unfamiliar with, is about staying in the same routine for a SEC game. "We have to get on tape how we want to guard them ... We've got to get a lot of work done today." - He mentions the quick turnaround

- On J-Will's performance last night: "He had opportunity to play make a little bit. He did a good job."

- "When we were able to get out of the trap, it was effective. Jaylin acts like a big guard."

- Mentions A&M made 3 big 3's that were contested in the first half.

- On C-Mo playing 4 spot yesterday: "I think it was a combination of a couple of things. Al started playing better. Lior was playing well behind him .. It was tough to ask C-Mo for much after missing a couple of weeks. It had to be hard for Chris to play at a high level."

That's it for BP.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News