ADVERTISEMENT

AUDuckhunter's strolling ramblings

AUDUckhunter

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2013
Been a minute since I've felt the need to pull a @BrianStultz and post my random stream of consciousness...but recent events both good and bad have me needing to hit the keyboard.

My grandfather was always fond of saying "you can't catch coons with your dogs tied" and during his 66 years on earth he was always ready for the chase. It appears too that new head ball coach Hugh Freeze has the dogs off leash. From Madhouse Training, in home visits, an onset appearance at ESPN's GameDay from the Big 12 CG, interviewing and hiring assistant coaches, and hosting on campus visits, Coach Freeze appears to be on the hunt. I can't wait to see what those dogs can bring home.

@Docdumpsta and a few of us share an affinity for Hallmark movies this time of year (looking at you too Stultzie). I've seen some social media posts and posts on here about how wrong the network is for showing same sex couples. As @mwdeavers pointed out this week so well, imagine being gay or lesbian and having to go to prom, fraternity socials, etc. and then think how you'd feel. I can't walk in another man's shoes. I can't wake up gay tomorrow, but I can empathize with the thought and isn't that what humanity should be about? Considering others before self?

Speaking of considering others before self, if you watched Army and Navy battle it out Saturday and weren't moved check your pulse. It wasn't a high flying modern offensive battle, but it was two teams with young men on both sides who for 364 days a year are on the same team. On Saturday they fought like two pitchers throwing no hit shutouts and every possession felt like a crucial pitch. The fact that every person on that field will one day fight for the freedoms of those who were watching - and those who don't care to watch is what makes our country great.

Tank Bigsby told us today what we all knew. He's declaring pro after three largely dysfunctional years on the Plains. I wish he could have run behind a Hugh Nall offensive line like he deserved to. The coach who signed him and the coach who came after him failed him largely in the recruiting arena. In this age of the transfer portal he could have (and should have) bounced. He didn't. Thank you Tank, and thank you coach Caddy and OTV for making sure he stayed.

Someone won the Heisman this weekend. I didn't watch and couldn't care less.

For a team that went 40 years between titles it sure appears Coach Kirby Smart has his team ready to win back to back ones. Perhaps Kirby was like Darth Vader in the Death Star last January taking down Saban in Indianapolis. "When you left, I was the learner, now I am the Master"

Coach Mike Leach is clinging to life as I type this. It doesn't seem fair. Tragic doesn't seem to be a strong enough word. Coach Leach was quirky, odd duck that somehow reminded us all of our high school chemistry teacher, but he was somehow really good at coaching football. It was like watching a turkey fly. It was odd, but beautiful. People said it wouldn't work in the SEC. People were wrong and we were all better for seeing it.

Be Kind,

AUDUckhunter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News