ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Football: Interesting Offensive Stats From this Season

jhead34382

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2007
Well boys reflection season is creeping up on us, so I thought I’d take a minute and review some individual stats from this season and what can still be achieved for those individuals:

QB Bo Nix:

2, 294 yards passing / 61% completion percentage / 11 TDs & 3 INTs / 168 yards rushing & 4 TDs

- While not dramatic, Bo’s stats certainly improved over the course of this year with a young and inexperienced WR corps. It would be in our best interest for he and Coach Bobo to return and continue Bo’s development.

RB Tank Bigsby:

940 yards & 10 TDs rushing / 113 yards receiving

- An up and down season for Tank, but he still can be our first 1,000 yard rusher since KJ and has a chance to have a monster Junior season if utilized the right way and the right transfer pieces are put around him.

WR Kobe Hudson:

37 catches for 490 yards & 2 TDs receiving

- A developmental year for the Redshirt Freshman, Hudson is on pace to crack the 500 yard mark and has come leaps and bounds as a route runner. Another off-season where Hudson focuses on consistently catching the ball and I think you could see his numbers jump exponentially.

WR Shedrick Jackson:

36 catches for 495 yards & 1 TD

- While Jackson has been inconsistent at times, I feel he’s utilized his athletic skill set almost up to his max potential. Not sure what he’ll do with his Covid year of eligibility, but I’d love to see him come back as our 4th WR next year and be more consistent in catching the football.

WR J. Johnson

14 receptions for 247 yards & 2 TDs

- After finally reappearing from his disappearing act earlier in the year, Johnson has a chance to crack 300 yards receiving this year and if he continues to develop could be a much bigger piece of the offense next season as a veteran slot WR.

RB Jarquez Hunter

574 yards & 3 TDs rushing / 52 yards receiving 1 TD

- Hunter is likely to crack 600 yards rushing for the season as a number 2 back and at times showed a very nice feel as a receiver in the passing game. Continuing his development and conditioning into year 2, Hunter has a chance to be even better as a compliment to Tank Bigsby.

TE John Samuel Shenker:

27 receptions for 337 yards

- Shenker should crack the 30 reception mark and over 350 receiving with two games left to play, which triples the output from our TEs combined last season. Shenker still has a super senior year left and I hope he’ll come back and continue on from the progress he made this past season.

So what does all this mean, to me it signals that you could have the core of a unit that could take a massive step forward if you find a number 1 WR in the transfer market and some productive veteran OL pieces. That’s easier said than done, but there’s more hope on the offensive side of the ball than I realized when I started looking at the stats last night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News