ADVERTISEMENT

At about 12 min in the 2nd half ...

Bassman

GEN. COUNSEL
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoWeGa
I typed in a chat "Man, this is finally the game where we play 40 minutes and the results are gonna be spectacular."

We promptly quit defending the perimeter and allowed what, FIVE straight treys? Went from 28 to like 12 in less than 2 minutes, or so it seemed.

The SEC is way too good to rest on your laurels.

The first 10 min of the 2nd half is the best a defensive team can play. The 2nd ten are the worst defensive minutes since Baylor.

Enough with the griping ... got good minutes from Chaney tonight, been waiting for him to emerge, and he did! Chaney transitioned IN THE AIR from a tomahawk dunk to a finger roll and one and it was gorgeous. Lots of hustle from him. Some mistakes, too, but overall good.

Aden took everyone's breath away. I hope someone does a collage of the faces in the crowd after that dipsy do.

Tre made one goof with an aggressive pass but I'll take that when we're rolling. Dude was NAILS in crunch time. Love Tre and he gets better and better. I have no clue how we convince him to stay in the offseason.

When we had our A+ game, it was truly amazing to see the anticipation of ball movement...CBM and Denver especially. Both of them smell the next pass and watching them jump those lanes is a joy. Our out of bounds defense was stellar as well. We have to be the best at that in the country. I'd love to see a team better than us in that regard.

Bruce is gonna keep them extra after that one. It'll be instructive.

There are 4-5 teams in the SEC that can actually come back against that kind of deficit if we slack off. I think we'll learn.

Next we go to what has historically been a house of horrors for us. Vandy is reeling and will be trying hard to right the ship. I hope we are dialed in and aren't looking forward to the Oxfart trip. WDE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News