ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody get The Rona over Turkey Day?

None for us. Twenty folks at my grandparents' house. Nobody wore masks. Everyone is fine. Live your lives, folks.

“We did something stupid and risky and got away with it. Y’all should all do the same”

this is basically your take. You were lucky. Happy for you that things didn’t go bad, but dismissing guidelines and recommendations about this virus is a really bad look.

“We did something stupid and risky and got away with it. Y’all should all do the same”

this is basically your take. You were lucky. Happy for you that things didn’t go bad, but dismissing guidelines and recommendations about this virus is a really bad look.
Especially when all the public officials urging us to do it don't do it themselves, the people don't like hypocrites

None for us. Twenty folks at my grandparents' house. Nobody wore masks. Everyone is fine. Live your lives, folks.
Was this a question or statement? You seemed to turn this into a statement.

I'm the only person working in my business this week. Everyone else is out with Covid, but I'm glad your family is fine. I'll get my company together and head over to your house to "live our lives".

Opie has to assert himself as a man, so brave. Dickheat of a thousand Greg Normans.

We've been ignoring the guidelines and recommendations for six months now, and we've all been fine. If the virus is as bad as the experts say, then I can only assume that we all have antibodies, or my family is a group of superhumans who will never die.

Was this a question or statement? You seemed to turn this into a statement.

I'm the only person working in my business this week. Everyone else is out with Covid, but I'm glad your family is fine. I'll get my company together and head over to your house to "live our lives".
Bring beer.

Edit: It's Christmas, so bring mulled wine.

Reactions: Solo Cup

I'll say it again... there are people on this board that have had loved ones die from COVID, yet we still have dumb ass posts like this on the board.

And btw, Thanksgiving was less than a week ago. Not enough time has passed to know if anyone at your house got it

Very glad everyone is well. Sincerely.

I’m treating pt’s in a tent here. That’s right in a damn tent that’s propped up outside my hospital. It’s pretty cold in there and we’re close to not having enough workers to serve everyone that needs it. Yesterday I had 13 pts waiting to transfer to our hospital and 50 pts bedded in the ER (because the tent is full). Please keep your mind open to the idea that just because your reunion went well to date, everyone’s may not have. If I misunderstood your meaning I apologize.

I’m treating pt’s in a tent here. That’s right in a damn tent that’s propped up outside my hospital. It’s pretty cold in there and we’re close to not having enough workers to serve everyone that needs it. Yesterday I had 13 pts waiting to transfer to our hospital and 50 pts bedded in the ER (because the tent is full). Please keep your mind open to the idea that just because your reunion went well to date, everyone’s may not have. If I misunderstood your meaning I apologize.
PREEEESHEEEEATE all you do DOC SAWBONE!!!!!!!!

That sounds awful. Thankfully we live in an area with very low population density. The hospital my wife works at has about 40 people with The Rona right now.

Reactions: stevesawbone

He's saying that this whole pandemic must be overblown because it hasn't affected his family. I'm guessing he also believes tsunami's, malaria, and sex slavery are overblown because they don't affect his family. Not only that, but he's bragging to people who have been affected by Covid about how his family must have super immunity and every one else is weak.

We just really like Thanksgiving.
I do too. I ate with my girlfriend and 9 members of her family, most of which are college students. I accepted that risk, but I don’t feel the need to proclaim how righteous I am because of it.

Also, just so you know, if you were to have anyone infected it would be more in the 10-14 day range before you’d show symptoms. Kerryon.

He isn’t lucky yet. Shit may not show symptoms for 7-10 days.

I do too. I ate with my girlfriend and 9 members of her family, most of which are college students. I accepted that risk, but I don’t feel the need to proclaim how righteous I am because of it.

Also, just so you know, if you were to have anyone infected it would be more in the 10-14 day range before you’d show symptoms. Kerryon.
He isn’t lucky yet. Shit may not show symptoms for 7-10 days.
#FingersCrossed

Reactions: Boisgreat
COVID squad getting on OPs ass right now.

We had a small gathering. Walked in and saw an older adult wiping the nose of my nephew discretely. I said "Really?!? We would have stayed at home". Then they blamed it on moisture and allergies outside.

Today every single one in my household has a cold.

Other way to look at it...

.000853% of the US population has died due to covid.

Only .0197 of those that catch Covid die.

I lost my Grandmother to Covid back in July. It sucks, but us acting like covid is right around the corner and going to get everyone is insane.

Last edited:
COVID squad getting on OPs ass right now.

We had a small gathering. Walked in and saw an older adult wiping the nose of my nephew discretely. I said "Really?!? We would have stayed at home". Then they blamed it on moisture and allergies outside.

Today every single one in my household has a cold.
It's cold and flu season. You probably had one last year too, but you didn't freak out about it because it's not a big deal.

Look, I still put a gaiter on when I go into stores. It's not like we were putting anybody but our family at risk.
That is the dumbest thing I’ve heard today, and in 2020 that is staying something.

The lack of respect that your family displayed having 20 people who have been “ignoring guidelines for six months” is the reason we are still seeing cases climb. Just because this has not impacted your family, does not mean that other people are not suffering.

My wife had 2 patients die yesterday, and the hospital she works at is expecting things to get much, much worse. I really hope that everyone remains healthy that you were with, because the pain is real for people who aren’t as lucky as you.

Other way to look at it...

.0000853% of the US population has died due to covid.

Only .00197 of those that catch Covid die.

I lost my Grandmother to Covid back in July. It sucks, but us acting like covid is right around the corner and going to get everyone is insane.
I know plenty of folks who struggle with math too, don’t feel too bad.

That is the dumbest thing I’ve heard today, and in 2020 that is staying something.

The lack of respect that your family displayed having 20 people who have been “ignoring guidelines for six months” is the reason we are still seeing cases climb. Just because this has not impacted your family, does not mean that other people are not suffering.

My wife had 2 patients die yesterday, and the hospital she works at is expecting things to get much, much worse. I really hope that everyone remains healthy that you were with, because the pain is real for people who aren’t as lucky as you.
Alright. If this makes you mad, just wait until you see how many people we're having over for Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 94WDE and Guy Forks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT