ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama is still the least vaccinated state

giphy.gif

This thread is awful. Seriously do you guys not get sick of discussing COVID every damn day? Also this new Daniel Lucio character is either really bad troll or an idiot.

Or, it's one of the Vaxx-Drone-Bros who thought it would be a good way to manipulate a lot of folks by stereotyping those who have reservations about taking the vaccine.

I wish we could find out who it is. Fess up folks. Which one of you started the fake account?

Or, it's one of the Vaxx-Drone-Bros who thought it would be a good way to manipulate a lot of folks by stereotyping those who have reservations about taking the vaccine.

I wish we could find out who it is. Fess up folks. Which one of you started the fake account?

Lol. Stop it.

The virus. Tough it out. Don't put the rest of us in danger by pushing an untested vaccine. If YOU want the vaccine, get it. Don't tell me I need it when the survival rate is so high.

you all about survival rate...so do the vax

out of 190M people who have been vaxed, what's the survival rate?

you said there are dozens of people that have died...so that's like a 99.9999375 survival rate. better odds to stay alive than chancing the virus actually.

you all about survival rate...so do the vax

out of 190M people who have been vaxed, what's the survival rate?

you said there are dozens of people that have died...so that's like a 99.9999375 survival rate. better odds to stay alive than chancing the virus actually.
That doesn't mention how many people got sick because of the vaccine or had a seizure. There are complications and deaths.

I'm not arguing that "we don't have enough data to know the long-term effects". I'm stating that as a FACT. Do you disagree that it is a fact that we have ZERO data for both the mid-term, and long-term. Is that statement debatable???

Can you do true science, real science in the absence of data??? Are you aware that the new mRNA vaccines are built using novel technology??? If they weren't new, and this wasn't our first rodeo, we'd have usage data across the full life-cycle, right?

Again, this isn't meant to cast aspersions at the new vaccines per se, but it's meant to highlight very important information that you will not see if you go to the CDC and most any leading tweeter, doctor et. al. You go to them, you're only going to get the full on sales job because folks feel it's okay to operate to a "noble lie". I think that approach is wrong, and that the fact I'm offering above stands, and therefore is an important consideration in order for folks to be able to make an informed decision, right???
Idk man. Too many questions I don’t have the answers to. Im personally more concerned about the long term effect of having covid (which there is data) than any affect of a a vaccine.

The situation isnt ideal. I do not envy anyone making these massive decisions on how to inform the masses.

can you not read? i literally said if people don't want it i wish they would just say that (like you just did)...that's a better reason to me than some stupid ass excuse.

i'm not out here reading minds and knowing who's been vaxed or not...i can only respond to people who open their mouth...so if they gonna do that, save the stupidity and just say i don't want it.

it feels like anti-vax and not being able to read good go hand in hand after being part of this thread

I never said I was anti-vaccine. Most people throw a blanket over an entire population that don't have the warm and fuzzies about this particular vaccine. I somewhat agree with you on some of the silly excuses, Bill Gates is not putting micro chips in everybody, lol. I can obviously read, its the comprehension part that gets me sometimes.

FYI- in Alabama, the 14-day average of 10,235 people getting the first dose is the highest average since 4/27.

there are a lot of people watching their friends and relatives die going to get the vax right now...many people are urging vaccinations as they lay there on their death bed. a friend of mine from auburn just lost her brother who was in his 40s and had 2 kids...he was unvaccinated

Idk man. Too many questions I don’t have the answers to. Im personally more concerned about the long term effect of having covid (which there is data) than any affect of a a vaccine.

The situation isnt ideal. I do not envy anyone making these massive decisions on how to inform the masses.

I agree. The situation isn't ideal at all, and despite them manipulating us to start attacking each other, and acting as if it's a simple, no-brainer decision, it's complicated all the way around.

It's difficult for the leaders too, but I just hate the age-old playbook of snow, manipulate and withhold any information that might cast the effort in a bad light etc.

I also engaged you because your first response to me seemed to be attributing thoughts/actions to me that I haven't stated at all, (but are things that other dishonest folks are trying to hang on me as a means of discrediting my two cents of opinion). Anyone who doesn't disagree gets cast as a "kooky anti-vaxx nut". It's yet another page out of the playbook that drones are following, mistakenly thinking that they are helping the pandemic effort.

Yes, but I'm used to being the vocal minority a time or few through the years, when I humbly believe that something very important needs to be discussed or brought out.

Are you saying that you do not believe these new vaccines have an immunological efficacy at all?? We have certainly chosen a novel response to this novel, weird little bug, and one can easily debate whether the choices have been the BEST choice all along the way, but again, even if the stats have been spun/baked a bit, it's kind of hard to argue that there isn't at least, a very good immediate response targeting the spike protein, which provides some immediate protection.

This weird bug isn't nearly as virulent as many pathogens faced by mankind throughout our history, but it's bad enough to potentially overrun our medical system, (which simply isn't geared for handling something like this). We've NEVER approached previous threats the way we approached this one, (and one can certainly argue that mistakes were made), but again you'd be hard pressed to make a good case that COVID hasn't killed a lot of folks, or that the new vaccines don't reduce the chances for severe illness requiring hospitalization, and death.

I know you're just poking fun at those who have concerns, but I actually have empathy for them, and I take the time to discuss it. Many have valid considerations given their individual risk/reward ratio.

That said, it is worth mentioning that mankind was indeed able to fight off the Spanish Flu, , as well as numerous other super virulent pathogens, (e.g. Bubonic Plague), that we've faced throughout our existence, so we might be alright until your 2217 vaccine is ready. ;) 🙂
I love how you are continually ignored by everyone these days. Because the board has realized you’re a rambling lunatic who’s never had a coherent thought in his life. Get some help man, you’re a fvckin psychopath

there are a lot of people watching their friends and relatives die going to get the vax right now...many people are urging vaccinations as they lay there on their death bed. a friend of mine from auburn just lost her brother who was in his 40s and had 2 kids...he was unvaccinated
I haven't personally seen any of that, but just about everyone I know that had not gotten the vax a month ago has gotten it now. I think it's more of a function of months of very, very few cases and then this huge spike.

FYI- in Alabama, the 14-day average of 10,235 people getting the first dose is the highest average since 4/27.

I don’t know about 14 day but this link has a graph here shows a huge increase in June. AL is about a third of where it was in mid-April. Also, daily rate seems to be dropping last few days. I hope it jumps back up at fda approval.

can you not read? i literally said if people don't want it i wish they would just say that (like you just did)...that's a better reason to me than some stupid ass excuse.

i'm not out here reading minds and knowing who's been vaxed or not...i can only respond to people who open their mouth...so if they gonna do that, save the stupidity and just say i don't want it.

it feels like anti-vax and not being able to read good go hand in hand after being part of this thread

Do you mind sharing some of the common "stupid excuses" that you hear from those who are unvaccinated?

I don’t know about 14 day but this link has a graph here shows a huge increase in June. AL is about a third of where it was in mid-April. Also, daily rate seems to be dropping last few days. I hope it jumps back up at fda approval.

Btw, going by this data, Alabama isn't dead last anymore...yay us. Go Grandma Ivey...

I know you're just poking fun at those who have concerns, but I actually have empathy for them, and I take the time to discuss it. Many have valid considerations given their individual risk/reward ratio.

That said, it is worth mentioning that mankind was indeed able to fight off the Spanish Flu, , as well as numerous other super virulent pathogens, (e.g. Bubonic Plague), that we've faced throughout our existence, so we might be alright until your 2217 vaccine is ready. ;) 🙂

Yeah, we really fought it off well with that estimated 50 million deaths worldwide from the Spanish Flu.

I love how you are continually ignored by everyone these days. Because the board has realized you’re a rambling lunatic who’s never had a coherent thought in his life. Get some help man, you’re a fvckin psychopath

If you thought I was remotely incompetent, or that everyone was ignoring me. You certainly wouldn't have made a "he-russled" post full of so much vigor and vim.

People usually go to that "he-mad" territory when they are highly frustrated from not being able to refute the argument being offered, (at least, those who are losers tend to react that way. Real men, and stand up guys who have integrity, give credit where it's due, or consider that there might be some merit to their opponents argument, if they can't refute the two cents of opinion being offered).

You'll get a few likes from a few others, and I guarantee you everyone who responds is highly likely to be folks who have been scarred and shook in the past, and instead of reacting maturely, they doubled-down on "he-mad" stupidity. Don't resort to name childish, immature name calling. Just refute the argument if it's flawed. ;)

Last edited:
no bro stick to your guns...we talkin' survival rate. don't get weak now that i threw some irrefutable numbers at you using your own logic
Ok survival rate is well over 99% like I said. You are the one talking only about death. I'm talking about how the vaccine kills you and how it doesn't keep you from getting covid. Keep up

Ok survival rate is well over 99% like I said. You are the one talking only about death. I'm talking about how the vaccine kills you and how it doesn't keep you from getting covid. Keep up
Is there any data to prove that people have died as a cause of taking the COVID vaccine? Or like everything else did you just pull that one out of your ass?

Reactions: stutsman23

I'm talking about the first dose. A month ago it was 3k/day, now it's over 10k/day.

Reactions: ricedp105
tidnif
Yeah, we really fought it off well with that estimated 50 million deaths worldwide from the Spanish Flu.

Is that the process that's been in place throughout the history of mankind? Are we still here???

Now, of course, we take chances and try to IMPROVE our chances for surviving as a species, but sometimes due to short-sighted analysis, we end up doing thing that are essentially one step forward in the short term, but two or three steps backwards in the long term, because we are trying to help, but don't have the perspective and wisdom to know the bigger picture impacts of our actions.

The tale/story linked below might sum up your take on our approach to the Spanish Flu and every other virulent pathogen we've faced throughout the history of the human species. This has been in my mind since the very beginning of this thing. It would be great if our top scientists, researchers and top doctors would consider these types of things more often, and extend their analysis into the bigger picture scenario.

The Boy and the Butterfly

Last edited:
tidnif

Is that the process that's been in place throughout the history of mankind? Are we still here???

Now, of course, we take chances and try to IMPROVE our chances for surviving as a species, but sometimes due to short-sighted analysis, we end up doing thing that are essentially one step forward in the short term, but two or three steps backwards in the long term, because we are trying to help, but don't have the perspective and wisdom to know the bigger picture impacts of our actions.

The tale/story linked below might sum up your take on our approach to the Spanish Flu and every other virulent pathogen we've faced throughout the history of the human species. This has been in my mind since the very beginning of this thing. It would be great if our top scientists, researchers and top doctors would consider these types of things more often, and extend their analysis into the bigger picture scenario.

The Boy and the Butterfly

Are we still here? So if it doesn’t wipe us out, it’s a success? Do you ever really look at what you type out?

Good to see cases 7/day avg continue decreasing over the past week. Maybe we've hit the peak, like you and others have discussed and things will only improve from here.

Most experts had it peaking this week. It will peak in other areas over the next two months and cases should then bottom out sometime in November but sooner in the south. Scott gottlieb says this is our last major wave. I hope he’s right. A lot estimate that 1-2 million a day are getting protection from getting Covid or getting vaccinated right now. That’s a lot of protection added in July, Aug, Sept and October.

Reactions: ricedp105
Most experts had it peaking this week. It will peak in other areas over the next two months and cases should then bottom out sometime in November but sooner in the south. Scott gottlieb says this is our last major wave. I hope he’s right. A lot estimate that 1-2 million a day are getting protection from getting Covid or getting vaccinated right now. That’s a lot of protection added in July, Aug, Sept and October.
It feels weird to be in agreement with you in a COVID thread...agree though, and hope Gottlieb is correct.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumpfan
Everyone responds in gifs now. Even here on the most sacred of places. Tumblr has truly ruined the entire internet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT