ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Data Showing Trends of People Shot to Death by da Police

tenor.gif

Innocent people do get shot, but yea I get your point. It just happened in Minneapolis not long ago when an innocent woman was shot and killed by a cop.
Yeah she was the one that called for help in the first place. We are a country of 350 million stuff happens. After her death no one burned anything. Some vigils is about it

Adjusted for population, the rate at which black people are killed by police is over twice as high. If we're actually trying to have a conversation around data.
I wonder how this would look if you divide by police encounters by race vs those killed by police. Black on black crime is the highest % of crime in the US, more facts.

Adjusted for population, the rate at which black people are killed by police is over twice as high. If we're actually trying to have a conversation around data.

if you really want to “have a conversation around data” you’re gonna have to do a lot more than just adjust for population

Regardless of color, Not a damn person in the world deserves to die over trying to use a fake 20 dollar bill. no one can tell me differently. On video cuffed, on stomach with 1 cop on back and 1 cop on legs. Can anyone tell me why there needed to be a 3rd on their neck??? This whole movement isnt saying that there isnt injustice for all races. This movement is just saying that there are underlying things in life that are disproportionate against those of color, and the statistics back that up. its not all about police brutality.

I noticed the same thing. However, at 13 percent of the population they commit roughly 50 percent of the crime. So there is that.

Understand the point.. but does that matter? Should aler get shot by police just because he drives drunk all the time?
How many of those shootings were just some dude that’s drunk? When you pull weapons on cops or fight them, it won’t end well. I often wonder how many of you on here know any actual police officer and ask them what kind of BS they deal with. Go be a cop in Chicago for a week

These numbers are true and they do seem to be counter to the current narrative but relying on these numbers has a huge flaw. Using these numbers to counter the argument of racial injustice would only work if the outcome of racism is always death.
Just because a person isn’t shot to death by the police, doesn’t mean that person wasn’t treated differently (Poorly) because of his skin color or pre conceived ideas.

Regardless of color, Not a damn person in the world deserves to die over trying to use a fake 20 dollar bill. no one can tell me differently. On video cuffed, on stomach with 1 cop on back and 1 cop on legs. Can anyone tell me why there needed to be a 3rd on their neck??? This whole movement isnt saying that there isnt injustice for all races. This movement is just saying that there are underlying things in life that are disproportionate against those of color, and the statistics back that up. its not all about police brutality.
This is what the message SHOULD be about, but sadly it's gotten lost by people with different agendas. About 99.9% of the world agreed Floyd did not deserve to die, we were all united in that front..these protests/riots aren't about that anymore sadly.

And that cop will spend many years of his life in prison.

I noticed the same thing. However, at 13 percent of the population they commit roughly 50 percent of the crime. So there is that.
with alot of this happening in low income areas. This whole movement is about understanding that there are systemic things in place that make it more difficult for certain races to get out of poverty. If you are broke and need to eat bad enough you will steal it.

Reactions: AU_Mallrat
Understand the point.. but does that matter? Should aler get shot by police just because he drives drunk all the time?
I never drive drunk. Can
gotta look at crime rate my friend. That’s the hard truth

I would guarantee that this was just a case of police brutality, not a case of racially motivated brutality. If it had been a disheveled white dude or some Hispanic, they would have done the same thing. That cop was a bad and that he was still on the streets should worry people more.

So police brutality is decreasing since 2017 and more whites were killed by police than blacks this year...narratives and such.

White population in America: roughly 246,000,000

Black population in America: roughly 44,000,000

chance of being killed just according to the stats is much higher for black people

in order for it to be equal there would have to be about 5.5 times more white people killed than black people...

This is what the message SHOULD be about, but sadly it's gotten lost by people with different agendas. About 99.9% of the world agreed Floyd did not deserve to die, we were all united in that front..these protests/riots aren't about that anymore sadly.
I think media has skewed this, but there are millions of protesters that have been out there peacefully, but for some reason media only wants to concentrate on the destruction caused by the few.

chance of being killed just according to the stats is much higher for black people

in order for it to be equal there would have to be about 5.5 times more white people killed than black people...
However, at 13 percent of the population they commit roughly 50 percent of the crime. So there is that.
You're a little late here bud. FTR More blacks were killed by each other in one weekend in Chicago over Memorial Day than have been killed by police in 2020. Do we want to go down this road?

that ellipsis really hammered home your basically worthless statistics

Would you like to see the statistics of how many black people kill black people?

with alot of this happening in low income areas. This whole movement is about understanding that there are systemic things in place that make it more difficult for certain races to get out of poverty. If you are broke and need to eat bad enough you will steal it.

Except they are not stealing to eat. That is a myth. Most theft occurs to fund drug habits or other similar poor lifestyle decisions. With the leadership that gets elected from those districts, you are always going to have a perpetual underclass. It is the way they stay in power. It is no small coincidence that the poor black community in the south and inner cities along with the poor white communities of Appalachia began to disenigrate with the advent of the Great Society.

Just to expand on this a bit further...

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report...

5.8 Million White people were arrested in 2016

2.2 Million Black people were arrested in 2016

So... that is roughly, 2% compared to 5% of the population for each.

There are some loose connections here but generally speaking, breaking the law is more likely to put you in a situation to be killed by the police.

if you really want to “have a conversation around data” you’re gonna have to do a lot more than just adjust for population

This. Almost all responses ITT so far fail to see the bigger picture and are focused purely on surface level data.

Just to expand on this a bit further...

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report...

5.8 Million White people were arrested in 2016

2.2 Million Black people were arrested in 2016

So... that is roughly, 2% compared to 5% of the population for each.

There are some loose connections here but generally speaking, breaking the law is more likely to put you in a situation to be killed by the police.

there is a reason certain populations get caught breaking the law more than others...if you don't ask yourself how did we get here you are doing a disservice to any data you throw at me pertaining to race

I would guarantee that this was just a case of police brutality, not a case of racially motivated brutality. If it had been a disheveled white dude or some Hispanic, they would have done the same thing. That cop was a bad and that he was still on the streets should worry people more.
Most cops have lots of complaints against them. It’s standard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT