ADVERTISEMENT

According to ESPN, he took a shoulder to the chest and went into cardiac arrest...

texasAUtiger

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2003
hence the CPR. Although it doesn't say so explicitly, it sounds like they stabilized him before getting in the ambulance. Sedated and in critical condition.

Hopefully with the proximity of help, he wasn't in arrest for long.

Probably 10 years ago or more, this happened to a kid in Auburn when hit in the chest with a baseball while throwing with his brother in the yard.
Saw it happen in youth baseball as well....in the 1950's. 12 and under baseball. Kid got hit in the chest, dropped to the ground and passed away where he fell. Witnessing that at 11 years of age almost made me give up the game. I didn't but I was intimidated in the batter's box for at least the next 2-3 years. Took some time for me and the others who saw it to get over it. Last night brought back a lot of those old feelings and emotion.

Still shook this morning.

Surely he had a congenital heart problem that went undetected.

hence the CPR. Although it doesn't say so explicitly, it sounds like they stabilized him before getting in the ambulance. Sedated and in critical condition.

It’s plausible. However, so is the fact that the league imposed a vax mandate on vaccines that have proven to cause cardiac issues. Seems convenient to just go all in on the “hit to chest” theory

Or it’s a known phenomenon to happen prior to the vaccines. Pretty convenient to push other agendas as well.
Rare phenomenon. Athletes dying of heart issues suddenly is not so rare anymore. It’s strangely more common in the past 2 years than ever before. Could be coincidental. But I doubt it.

Honestly I just pray this guy gets better.

It’s plausible. However, so is the fact that the league imposed a vax mandate on vaccines that have proven to cause cardiac issues. Seems convenient to just go all in on the “hit to chest” theory

Maybe because he was hit in the chest 2 seconds before he collapsed?!

But hey, you start with your conclusion and work backwards, my guy...

I would argue it's awfully convenient to start with Vaccines.
Dude just got hit in the chest maybe we should start with the hit to the chest lol

Rare phenomenon. Athletes dying of heart issues suddenly is not so rare anymore. It’s strangely more common in the past 2 years than ever before. Could be coincidental. But I doubt it.

It's hard to imagine how anyone could think its a huge coincidence that the COVID vaccine randomly caused his heart to stop at the exact moment he took a hard shot to the chest. You should definitely ignore all the doctors/EMTs pointing out a blunt trauma to the chest has caused many athletes to suffer similar cardiac arrest.

Surely he had a congenital heart problem that went undetected.
Not necessarily. It was just an unintended death blow hit from the offensive player to a vulnerable spot. It stops the heart, and the victim loses consciousness within 8 seconds later due to lack of blood flow / oxygen to the brain. (That is how he was able to get up before collapsing.)

Last edited:
Well, the whole world saw him take a hit to the chest immediately before he collapsed. Seems much more “convenient” for you to ignore that to spew yore nonsense.

Last edited:
This is very interesting and insightful. My next question is what med school student or grad student figured this mechanism out because that seems like a tough to discover
My guess would be in pig hearts or the like. I feel certain this was not figured out in humans.

Reactions: 4th_and_18
What about Keyontae Johnson from UF who collapsed on the court from heart failure during the FSU game in late 2020 before the vaccine rollout? Or Christian Eriksen, an unvaccinated soccer player who suffered cardiac arrest during a EURO Match in 2021? Literally two off the top of my head who were unvaccinated at the time of their individual events.

Jack Draper, 19 year old tennis phenom collapsed from heart issues on the tennis court one month after a long bout with covid.

Put down the Truth Social app for a while, or just delete it all together.

The "hit to chest" theory? You mean him literally getting hit in the chest?

@texasAUtiger put it best - "you start with your conclusion and work backward"

I honestly have zero information regarding such things so real questions here-

Is there data that shows it's not so rare anymore, or just going off of stories you've heard?

This doesn't add up. I have never seen this condition happen in the NFL or in a College football game. As mentioned, it can happen in baseball and even tennis. Too many young athletes are going into cardiac arrest, we just saw it happen for the first time in my lifetime last night on national tv. Not to mention that he has shoulder pads which protects the chest area. Whatever the cause, I genuinely hope they drill down and find the problem

Reactions: weagle42
This doesn't add up. I have never seen this condition happen in the NFL or in a College football game. As mentioned, it can happen in baseball and even tennis. Too many young athletes are going into cardiac arrest, we just saw it happen for the first time in my lifetime last night on national tv. Not to mention that he has shoulder pads which protects the chest area. Whatever the cause, I genuinely hope they drill down and find the problem
Think about how many times your heart beats a minute. Then think about all the things that go in to your heart beating. Atrial firing, ventricles firing, then repolarization. Then in order for this to happen you have to be hit in the chest in just the absolute fraction of a second your heart begins to recharge to do it all over again. The chances of it happening on live tv are extremely slim. We hear more about it now due to social media and easy access to news stories that are put out there to grab attention and clicks. We didn’t have that as much even 10-15 years ago. For the record I am as conservative as they come, but I think for myself

I would say it probably does add up. Let’s say it’s a 1 in a million occurrence. There’s a handful of hits a game with enough force located right on the sternum that could trigger it. So you’d need a million of those hits. If you say there’s 5 per team per week of the season that would be ~2750 per season (not counting for playoffs). that would mean you’d need 333 seasons to see 1 event. Even if you drastically upped the number of eligible hits, you can see it would still be a VERY rare occurrence. Granted, I don’t know the exact statistics, and this is just back of the napkin calculations. Either way, rare occurrences are rare. I.e. I wouldn’t expect to see them even every decade.

Where do you get your statistics on the athletes who die from heart issues that are unexplained except for vaccines? Post some studies and sources or leave politics out of this tragic occurrence. Please.

I honestly have zero information regarding such things so real questions here-

Is there data that shows it's not so rare anymore, or just going off of stories you've heard?
This is what I want to know. I’ve seen this shite on social media platforms, the web, from John Stockton and even one of my employees. Yet no one has provided a source or even a list of possible linked cases.

You can’t just pull shite out of your azz, can you?

I wonder if he was wearing the style of shoulder pads that lace up the center of the chest or the ones that came out more recently that have the more rigid breastplate and buckle on the sides. There is a ton of give in the mid chest with the split style but I know some players still prefer them for fit and mobility.

Where do you get your statistics on the athletes who die from heart issues that are unexplained except for vaccines? Post some studies and sources or leave politics out of this tragic occurrence. Please.
it’s interesting that you call this “politics”.

Just search #diedsuddenly. It’s tragic what’s happened here and is happening way too often. You call it politics. I call it effed up

Saw it happen in youth baseball as well....in the 1950's. 12 and under baseball. Kid got hit in the chest, dropped to the ground and passed away where he fell. Witnessing that at 11 years of age almost made me give up the game. I didn't but I was intimidated in the batter's box for at least the next 2-3 years. Took some time for me and the others who saw it to get over it. Last night brought back a lot of those old feelings and emotion.

Still shook this morning.

How long before that had he received the Covid vaccine?

What about Keyontae Johnson from UF who collapsed on the court from heart failure during the FSU game in late 2020 before the vaccine rollout? Or Christian Eriksen, an unvaccinated soccer player who suffered cardiac arrest during a EURO Match in 2021? Literally two off the top of my head who were unvaccinated at the time of their individual events.

Jack Draper, 19 year old tennis phenom collapsed from heart issues on the tennis court one month after a long bout with covid.

Put down the Truth Social app for a while, or just delete it all together.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone would argue that no athletes have EVER dropped dead while participating in a sport, practice or conditioning etc., so just randomly mentioning a few athletes that have had cardiac episodes doesn't say much at all.

It only matters if there is a statistical anomaly showing that a higher than normal number of athletes are being impacted around the world. If there is indeed a statistical anomaly showing a higher rate of incidents, then we DEFINITELY need to take an objective look into it, and be honest in reporting the findings.

No one should JUMP to conclusions, but we definitely know why certain things are suspected as potential root causes, and also why SO many around the world completely distrust the establishment to report the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, when it comes to the COVID agenda and vaccines etc. Let's just hope that we learn, do better, and get to the bottom of this thing so that we save as many lives as possible in the biggest picture scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT