ADVERTISEMENT

86 Days of The Sopranos (S4, E10: The Strong, Silent Type)…

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
86 Days of The Sopranos
Season 4, Episode 10: The Strong, Silent Type

In our 86 Days of The Sopranos we’re up to Season 4, Episode 10: The Strong, Silent Type. Below are my impressions. Please provide your feedback in the replies, and try to avoid any big spoilers for those that are watching this iconic series for the first time…

** We open with Christopher doing more heroin and watching Our Gang on T.V. He’s so stoned he sits on their dog, Cosette, and kills her. Adriana breaks down when she comes home and discovers Cosette dead. Christopher says it was an accident. Christopher: “I’ll get you another dog.” Adriana: “I don’t want another dog."

** Carmela, who has a new shorter hairdo, is excited to see Furio back from Italy, but it’s another one of the crew, Benny, that’s picking up Tony instead because Furio’s flight was delayed. Tony comes down and is a little upset Carmela didn’t talk to him first before getting the haircut. He backs down a bit and tells her she looks younger.

** At the Bada Bing, Tony pretends to be surprised nobody has heard from Ralphie and even calls his phone. The picture of Tony with Pie-o-My arrives and Tony walks out on their pool game. Tony calls back and tells Silvio to get rid of the picture: “Burn it. I don’t want to ever see it again.”

** Tony visits Ralphie’s son in the hospital and gives his mother some cash.

** Furio finally gets back and goes to the house and sees Carmela at the door, but he wants to wait in the car. He gives her some presents in a bag and Carmela is a little disappointed there’s only ones for Meadow and A.J. in there. Furio has tears in his eyes when Tony comes out to the car.

** Tony visits Dr. Melfi and breaks down talking about getting the picture of Pie-o-My. He describes himself as a sad clown, but Dr. Melfi reminds him he tends to respond to sadness with anger, not humor. She also reminds him the only time he’s become so emotional was with the ducks. Tony goes on about Christopher and Ralphie’s son: “My wife prays to God. What kind of God does this shit.”

** Adriana meets with the FBI, who advises her to get Christoper into rehab. They see a dog riding in a car and Adriana breaks down crying.

** Christopher goes to buy heroin and gets carjacked and beat up. When he makes it home, Adriana gives him a brochure for a rehab center and Christopher starts beating her.

** Tony’s crew is about to burn the Pie-o-My picture but Paulie stops them and says it would be an honor to hang that picture in his house.

** A bruised up Adriana goes to Tony’s house and tells them what happened. Adriana wants Christopher to go to rehab. Tony says we’re a family and we’ll handle it. Adriana: “Please don’t hurt him.”

** Carmela takes A.J. over to Furio’s house again saying she has decorating ideas. Furio says he couldn’t communicate with Jessica so they’re not together. Carmela: “So then why did you come back?”

** Tony and Furio go over to visit Junior. He’s taking a nap but Svetlana is there. She needs ice for her wine, but Tony is impressed that she’s building a business and a website on her own.

** Tony consults Junior about Christopher, who says Christopher’s drug habit could be a big problem with the feds and he may have to eliminate him. Tony: “He’s a major liability. If it was anyone else.” But Tony is thinking maybe rehab could help him.

** Carmela confides to Rosalie about Furio and we learn that Rosalie used to have a special friend at the gym. Carmela tells her it’s real the way they communicate and the way Furio looks at her. “Just those few minutes when we see each other, I live for those.”

** Johnny Sack arranges for Tony to come meet him and demands to be let in on the HUD scam. Tony says he and Carmine aren’t owed anything and walks away. it’s clear from Johnny’s look that this one is not over.

** Ralphie keeps looking at the picture he’s hung of Tony and Pie-o-My. he doesn’t like the way Tony looks and goes to an artist to see if he can make him look more like Napoleon. LOL

** Tony goes back to the Bada Bing and meets with his guys. He suggests that New York knocked off Ralphie because they wanted a piece of the HUD deal. He wants a full investigation before anyone makes a move.

** Tony arranges an intervention for Christopher, who doesn’t react well when asked to sit down. Adriana starts talking and mentions the dog, which upsets Tony. Paulie calls him weak and an embarrassment. Christopher gets mad when his mom says somebody will finally slap some sense into him and calls her a whore. Paulie punches him and the intervention is a total disaster.

** Christopher ends up in the hospital with a hairline skull fracture. Tony makes him go to a rehab in Pennsylvania and not return until he’s clean. Tony: “You’re my nephew and I love you, and that’s the only reason you’re alive right now. If it was anybody else, anybody, they would’ve had their f-ing intervention right into the back of their head.”

** Tony visits with Svetlana again. They have a nice talk. Svetlana insults him and compliments him at the same time. They do the dirty on the couch. Tony says maybe he’ll drop by in a few days. Svetlana says it’s not a good idea but maybe she’ll call him. Tony is taken aback. Svetlana said she enjoyed it but she has her own problems and doesn’t want to prop him up all the time. Tony: “Are you f-ing kidding me?”

** Lonely Furio is sitting in his dark house listening to sad Italian music. He’s making pasta by himself while Tony is at home by himself warming something up in the microwave. We go back and forth between the two eating by themselves and then we see Paulie hang up his edited picture, which has Tony dressed like Napoleon next to Pie-o-My. But those eyes are still boring into Paulie when he turns around. We fade to black with military marching drums playing.

Murder count: None in episode (other than poor Cosette), 27 in series

What were your impressions of The Strong, Silent Type…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News