ADVERTISEMENT

Your Best Braves Story

StatsMatter

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2017
I’ll start.

Go to a double header at Fulton County Stadium back when the Padres still wore those ugly yellow and brown uniforms.

A buddy drives and brings his future wife along with me and another friend.

Our friend was always trying to get around paying for anything and he talks the driver into parking at one of the entrances/exits that was always closed. There was just enough room for 2 cars to pull into without blocking anything and, honestly, we had parked there many times before.

Between the two games my buddy and I went to the car to get a refill of a special concoction drink we made for the day.

We left our other friend and his girlfriend in the stadium and said we would be right back.

Well when we get to where we parked the car it was gone.

We knew it had been towed.

We get a taxi that takes us to a seedy part of town and the towing company.

We search their grounds and find our car.

My friend goes inside and distracts the only girl working that day (Sunday) and I quietly as possible drive the car out of the lot.

We never said a word to our friend or his girlfriend.

Six months later we’re talking to our friend and he told us his boss in NYC called him and told him his company car was going to be auctioned off the following week!

He had no idea what they were talking about but we both started laughing like crazy and finally told him what happened.

45 years later they are still friends of mine and the one friend is still married to the same girlfriend.

Great memory !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.