ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all know anybody that got The Rona over the holidays?

Everyone in my family has had it so 54,54,26,26,22,18 and a SIL 27. All different symptoms, I probably had it the worst, kicked my but for three days and had some lingering fatigue for a couple of weeks.

We're almost #TwoWeeks out from the end of the holiday season. Numbers are obviously going back up, but I don't know anybody personally that got it. Our group kept our BACs pretty high the entire time we were together, so Big Rona never had a chance with us. My wife's grandpa did shit his pants at Christmas, but that's pretty normal behavior for a morbidly obese 83 year old man. How did you guys make out?
I did, but I live in Georgia.

Reactions: Auburngrizzly74
My parents just got it but got it after the holidays around new years eve at their annual swingers party.
dramatic.0.gif

I am a current Auburn student and caught it in September, no worse than a cold for me outside of completely losing taste and smell for a while which was equally strange and annoying. All of my friends have caught it at some point. Even my 81 year old grandmother caught it over the break and is completely fine now. I don't know, I see the numbers and they look bad but considering the amount of people I know, even those who would be considered high risk, that have gotten it and been fine I can't buy into hysteria now even though I initially did. Some have had worse symptoms than others, sure, but not a single person I know has been hospitalized or has died. Seems like this is all just a fever dream for people who perpetually live in fear and those who love to finger-wag and assert moral hegemony over others, I don't feel like anybody genuinely gives a shizz about the numbers.
On the other hand a friend that was only 40 and in great health got it and died two days after testing positive. No one knows how their body will react to the virus.

Yes I know some folks with it...it's a virus. Most I know are compulsive mask wearers and did not meet with their families for Christmas...sad they missed out on that time together. Amazing how we have more mask wearers than ever before and we have more and more cases all at the same time. I miss seeing people smile.
Smiles! Me too!!

Reactions: BIGAUBURN
3 grandparents, Dad, Sister, and probably 10 friends all have it right now or had it right after Christmas. Lost 2 older men in our church to it in the last week or so. Both had not attended in months, got it from family members. Pre-Christmas wasn’t nearly this rampant in our social circles.

I haven't gotten it, and neither has my wife or two kids. Pretty amazed that none of us have gotten COVID yet. I was pretty nervous about getting it over the holiday's. We were at gatherings of over 10 people at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was especially concerned about seeing my little sister and her family. They are among the least COVID conscious people I know.

We're almost #TwoWeeks out from the end of the holiday season. Numbers are obviously going back up, but I don't know anybody personally that got it. Our group kept our BACs pretty high the entire time we were together, so Big Rona never had a chance with us. My wife's grandpa did shit his pants at Christmas, but that's pretty normal behavior for a morbidly obese 83 year old man. How did you guys make out?

Yes, lost a good friend Friday morning from COVID. He was in his 40s.

Almost all spread is in your own home and among family 85% plus. The rest is a work. None outside and very little in restaurants and stores
We're just not sure where it started. My middle daughter was the first with symptoms but she's home from college and literally has not left the house. Guessing it started with my youngest, who got it from a soccer teammate, friends, or her girlfriend.

Reactions: aler
According to what you consider holidays. I tested positive yesterday but I believe it’s work related not holiday related.

Me, my daughter, my girlfriend, her daughter, ex wife and step son all got it over Christmas/ New Years. Plus a few friends and coworkers.

My GF got it. Somehow i tested negative twice despite living with her. The Rona is spreading like wildfire out here in LA. Supposedly 10 Angelenos test positive every minute.

We're just not sure where it started. My middle daughter was the first with symptoms but she's home from college and literally has not left the house. Guessing it started with my youngest, who got it from a soccer teammate, friends, or her girlfriend.
Hope you all recover quickly

Reactions: mackenzie
My Dad had it over the holidays. He is in his 70s so it had me a little worried. In his typical fashion he said that wasn’t sh*t after getting over it

Wife and I both tested + on Dec 21 and had it the whole Christmas holiday. We felt like shit for two solid weeks and chest was sore from coughing so much. All good now with a little lingering cough.

And no alcohol won't stop it... we drink like fish and barely slowed down even when we had it. LOL

I took zinc, vitamin b, C and D and ibuprofen to control the fever/aches. Wife lost taste/smell but I didn't (except for one bizarre day).

Supposedly, there's been a bit of an outbreak in the Auburn area. There were a few big weddings that seemed to have a lot of the attendees test positive.

My brother-in-law (who lives with us) tested positive Dec 23rd and I woke up Christmas Eve feeling like shit and felt symptons until about Jan 3rd-4th. Wife was about the same...sucked, would not recommend.

Yes, I know several people who caught it over the holidays. One of them is in ICU on a vent fighting it right now.

I know 4-5 that have come down with it since Thanksgiving and 3 people who came down with it and died since then. Youngest death was a 65 year old.

FIL couldn't smell scotch or taste straight vodka on 12/25. He tested ÷ 12/27. SIL tested + 12/27. Wife tested + on 12/28 so I got tested. Rapid was - but lab test came back +. Ended up pretty mild just losing taste for about 10 days and super lethargic. Just got back to work this week as a teacher in Hoover. Elementary kids going back almost full time next week 4 days a week. Seems kinda soon but what do I know.

My brother and sister-in-law gave it to my 75yo parents who drove to Arkansas and gave it to me before returning back to AL to give it to their friend who gave it to her son and sister-in-law who later died from complications. I transmitted it to my wife and son and also a coworker who gave it to his wife and brother. 10-4?

• Wow
Reactions: granddaddy28
I know more people now than before

I am a current Auburn student and caught it in September, no worse than a cold for me outside of completely losing taste and smell for a while which was equally strange and annoying. All of my friends have caught it at some point. Even my 81 year old grandmother caught it over the break and is completely fine now. I don't know, I see the numbers and they look bad but considering the amount of people I know, even those who would be considered high risk, that have gotten it and been fine I can't buy into hysteria now even though I initially did. Some have had worse symptoms than others, sure, but not a single person I know has been hospitalized or has died. Seems like this is all just a fever dream for people who perpetually live in fear and those who love to finger-wag and assert moral hegemony over others, I don't feel like anybody genuinely gives a shizz about the numbers.

Now this is the right attitude. If none of the handful I know that had it did poorly, then it’s a Joke/hoax/conspiracy theory. Has to be the highest, most rigorous level of evidence one can have, right?

Now this is the right attitude. If none of the handful I know that had it did poorly, then it’s a Joke/hoax/conspiracy theory. Has to be the highest, most rigorous level of evidence one can have, right?
Please take your hot takes elsewhere. It should be abundantly clear by now that you’re not changing anyone’s mind.

I dont know what the hell yall been doing to get and pass this shit around but it hasn't been to my house. Its been at the door a few times but hasn't made it in yet.

Yes. A guy I went to high school with died from COVID this past Friday. He was only 40 years old and had no other health problems.

Not to mention the hospitals in Dothan are nearly at full capacity with COVID patients.

You 40 from Dothan? What school? I am as well...

Yep. One of my breakfast pals got it and died Sunday morning. Family has not been able to make arrangements due to everything being backed up.

I know 10-15 people personally that had it after Xmas. Most breezed through it although I had a very good friend around 40 years old that was hospitalized well over a week.

ADVERTISEMENT