ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all know anybody that got The Rona over the holidays?

Brent4AU2

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2015
We're almost #TwoWeeks out from the end of the holiday season. Numbers are obviously going back up, but I don't know anybody personally that got it. Our group kept our BACs pretty high the entire time we were together, so Big Rona never had a chance with us. My wife's grandpa did shit his pants at Christmas, but that's pretty normal behavior for a morbidly obese 83 year old man. How did you guys make out?

It’s actually been the opposite for me. Pre holidays, I rarely met someone that had previously had Covid. I know of several that have it now or just now getting over it.
This, both sets of parents got it, BIL, and nephew as well...all after the holidays. Didn't know anyone that had it prior.

Edit: also a distant relative of mine died from it a couple days ago, after catching it back over Thanksgiving

A couple I know 80/68 man and wife went to Florida. Both got it. Tested on Friday for the wife and she was taken immediately to the hospital. The guy tested Saturday is doing fine at home and in quarantine.

Reactions: stevesawbone
giphy.gif

Hell seems like half of my neighborhood has it or has had it at this point. Way more people than back in April/May.

Yes. A guy I went to high school with died from COVID this past Friday. He was only 40 years old and had no other health problems.

Not to mention the hospitals in Dothan are nearly at full capacity with COVID patients.

We're almost #TwoWeeks out from the end of the holiday season. Numbers are obviously going back up, but I don't know anybody personally that got it. Our group kept our BACs pretty high the entire time we were together, so Big Rona never had a chance with us. My wife's grandpa did shit his pants at Christmas, but that's pretty normal behavior for a morbidly obese 83 year old man. How did you guys make out?
Yes. Tested positive and taken to the hospital over a week ago and is still there fighting. He’s 68-69 I believe. Gonna have long term issues with his lungs from the blood clots.

Reactions: DM8 and reely989
Judging from the responses, it's crazy that not a single person in my family has had this yet. Sounds like you guys need to drink more.

Reactions: grizzlyadams16
My parents got it right before Thanksgiving. I've known more in the past 2 months who have had it (several I know have died from it) than in the 8 months prior. Numbers are not good and getting worse. :(

It’s actually been the opposite for me. Pre holidays, I rarely met someone that had previously had Covid. I know of several that have it now or just now getting over it.
Same here. We've had a few in our office come down with it since Thanksgiving. And now there's a guy working from home and his return is "TBD", so I'm assuming he tested positive.

Reactions: AU925
I tested positive on the 3rd and the wife a week later. Fortunately we had mild cases.

Reactions: DM8
Yes I know some folks with it...it's a virus. Most I know are compulsive mask wearers and did not meet with their families for Christmas...sad they missed out on that time together. Amazing how we have more mask wearers than ever before and we have more and more cases all at the same time. I miss seeing people smile.

The rona has made it's way through my family. Not sure where it started or which kid got it first but I just tested positive today. Youngest tested positive last Friday, she was the first confirmed case. Middle daughter tested positive today so she won't be going back to college yet. Waiting on oldest daughter's test results.

Yes. A guy I went to high school with died from COVID this past Friday. He was only 40 years old and had no other health problems.

Not to mention the hospitals in Dothan are nearly at full capacity with COVID patients.
Just got a notification from channel 4 that Alabama has over 3000 people hospitalized with Covid

My entire family got it on Christmas. 10 out of 10 people there tested positive. Brisket, wine, whiskey, and beer were on the menu so BAC isn’t saving anyone.

One of my friends family...13 out of 15 people who attended Christmas get together got it and 1 person died.

My sister got it two weeks ago and is still fighting it. We decided not to visit during Christmas, good decision.

couple of people from work. hand full of people in the neighborhood. and it looks like several have posted on here about getting it recently.

Judging from the responses, it's crazy that not a single person in my family has had this yet. Sounds like you guys need to drink more.

my 64 year old mom drinks the hell out of some wine and she is recovering from it now

currently have 2 of 7 in my office out with positive tests and a 3rd being tested now

my sister got it a little before christmas

no one in my family or office was affected for 8 months and now 2 family members and 2 co-workers positive over the last month

My future son in law got it, diagnosed positive the day after Christmas. Next his dad got it and now his mom. Son, college age, probably had it the worst, more flu like and no energy, he is fine now and back at Auburn.
No one on our family has shown signs of it and he was around us some.

The rona has made it's way through my family. Not sure where it started or which kid got it first but I just tested positive today. Youngest tested positive last Friday, she was the first confirmed case. Middle daughter tested positive today so she won't be going back to college yet. Waiting on oldest daughter's test results.
Almost all spread is in your own home and among family 85% plus. The rest is a work. None outside and very little in restaurants and stores

I am a current Auburn student and caught it in September, no worse than a cold for me outside of completely losing taste and smell for a while which was equally strange and annoying. All of my friends have caught it at some point. Even my 81 year old grandmother caught it over the break and is completely fine now. I don't know, I see the numbers and they look bad but considering the amount of people I know, even those who would be considered high risk, that have gotten it and been fine I can't buy into hysteria now even though I initially did. Some have had worse symptoms than others, sure, but not a single person I know has been hospitalized or has died. Seems like this is all just a fever dream for people who perpetually live in fear and those who love to finger-wag and assert moral hegemony over others, I don't feel like anybody genuinely gives a shizz about the numbers.

Reactions: JHDC1 and aler
I am a current Auburn student and caught it in September, no worse than a cold for me outside of completely losing taste and smell for a while which was equally strange and annoying. All of my friends have caught it at some point. Hell, even my 81 year old grandmother caught it over the break and is completely fine now. I don't know, I see the numbers and they look bad but considering the amount of people I know, even those who would be considered high risk, that have gotten it and been fine I can't buy into hysteria now even though I initially did. Some have had worse symptoms than others, sure, but not a single person I know has been hospitalized or has died. Seems like this is all just a fever dream for people who perpetually live in fear and those who love to finger-wag and assert moral hegemony over others, I don't feel like anybody genuinely gives a shizz about the numbers.
Seems right to me

I know a bunch. I didn’t go to a Christmas dinner because I wasn’t feeling well. Got a negative test, but the 9 people at the dinner all got it.

Brother and his whole family got it, including both kids, first week of December.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT