ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Two of the three arresting officers of Floyd on job less than 4 days...

Wow, horrible situation, but those new guys should be treated very leniently.
I don't know. I think the Mayor, Governor, Police Chief and DA should be charged as accessories and a hate crime. It is clearly abundant now that the cop that arrived late was the guy who they had chosen to show the young guys how to get in a cop car. His abusive tactics got them the results the elected officials wanted and them in office. They did nothing to stop this guy before and they are now going to blame all police officers and say I should still be in charge.

In that case, I don’t think those guys should be charged. They aren’t going to overrule their training officer. They were probably freaked out. Maybe they aren’t cut out for the job, but they shouldn’t go to prison.

Completely agree.

I don't know. I think the Mayor, Governor, Police Chief and DA should be charged as accessories and a hate crime. It is clearly abundant now that the cop that arrived late was the guy who they had chosen to show the young guys how to get in a cop car. His abusive tactics got them the results the elected officials wanted and them in office. They did nothing to stop this guy before and they are now going to blame all police officers and say I should still be in charge.
All of this is because of politicians who feed off this

In that case, I don’t think those guys should be charged. They aren’t going to overrule their training officer. They were probably freaked out. Maybe they aren’t cut out for the job, but they shouldn’t go to prison.

Some would say they are cut out for the job based on their behavior. That being said, this should help their defense. I wouldn’t have charged them. The 4th guy was standing up most of the time making sure the crowd didn’t do anything. I don’t know what else he did though. It’s going to be hard to get a jury to send these 3 away for 40 years.

I agree. You can always argue they should've said or done something, but this obviously played a factor in their actions. It's too late for them now. They'll be used as pawns and no matter the outcome their lives will never be the same. They decided to charge them in an attempt to calm the protests in spite of the fact that this could lead to their acquittal. If that happens we'll see this scene play out all over again..

Reactions: WarEagleG and aler
I agree. You can always argue they should've said or done something, but this obviously played a factor in their actions. It's too late for them now. They'll be used as pawns and no matter the outcome their lives will never be the same. They decided to charge them in an attempt to calm the protests in spite of the fact that this could lead to their acquittal. If that happens we'll see this scene play out all over again..
Yep lynch mob is already formed

Part of this kind of goes back to that the police are underpaid and underfunded imo. You get what you pay for, and little of our taxes goes to police. You don't hear about FBI ever screwing shit up like this, cause they are paid well and their jobs are competitive. Thus producing competent agents.

Sucks for these officers to be new guys. Really explains the situation more.

ADVERTISEMENT