ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA: Geno Auriemma mic drop on Caitlyn Clark's situation. 👀👀👀

au4life_rz

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Atlanta, (Originally from B'ham)
I think he's spot on. The only thing I'd disagree with, is I probably wouldn't call the millions of new fans watching "stupid". Instead, I'd have used the word ignorant or naive, and you should expect the new fans to not understand why Caitlyn might need a bit of time to adjust to the WNBA. Instead, they thought she'd tear it up from day one, and they got caught up in the partisan style, subtle race-baiting done to generate clicks, views and money.

Excerpt:

"If you're a great college player like Caitlin was, the delusional fan base that follows her disrespected the WNBA players by saying that she's gonna go in that league and tear it apart. ... These people are so disrespectful and so unknowledgeable and so stupid that it gives women's basketball a bad name," Auriemma said while on "The Dan Patrick Show" this week. "So the kid was set up for failure right from the beginning."

Auriemma also added that Clark is taking everything in stride. Right now, it's just a matter of giving Clark time to develop more of her physical tools.

"I think she's handling it great," Auriemma said. "I think she talks a lot of s--t, and she gets a lot of s--t back. She deserves everything she gets because she gives it as good as she gets it. She's just not built for the physicality of this league, and she's not quick enough to get away from the physicality."

Once Clark does get used to the physicality and gains some experience at the WNBA level, her skills should take over from there, according to Auriemma.

Full article on Geno's intervew

Last edited:
Reactions: Docdumpsta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News