ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Horace Spencer calling out Bruce?

Generally agree, but I didn't take Horace's tweets as a "fvck you" as much as a heartfelt expression of frustration. I would bet that he and Bruce discussed ways for him to convey his message in a way that is more effective in the future. One takeaway from this situation is it's great to see Bruce is still coaching our guys even after they leave the program. As a positive reinforcement for Horace, he heeded his call and spoke out after they talked. It is unfortunate many ITT can't follow Bruce's lead and instead have gone with the "fvck you, Horace" reaction.
I agree it likely wasn't Horace intentionally getting on twitter to say "fvck you" to anyone, but statements like "Auburn its too quiet for me i cant stand by yall if you cant stand by me" kind of come across that way even in a heartfelt expression of frustration IMO. Even though it wasn't his intent, it doesn't mean you should expect everyone to just ignore his words and interpret things exactly like you. I still love Horace, this won't change a damn thing for me, but IMO it's a bad look to intentionally or unintentionally call out the folks who are likely yore biggest supporters.

While every situation is NOT the same, and folks should NOT automatically protest for every situation until the individual facts are examined, do you and everyone who "liked" your post really not understand the difference between individuals "beefing"/fighting and someone getting killed, and the long history of THOSE IN AUTHORITY killing blacks with full impunity, and nothing being done???

Now again, IMHO, this last situation is different. The Rayshard Brooks case was different than the Walter Scott type cases that have happened so frequently throughout our history. I'm sorry, but I WISH so badly that we could talk with everyone and break down and explain why this last case was different. I'm NOT excusing the officer for shooting him 7 times, but this one could have probably been avoided, and no NBA team, or individual should lump it in with the Walter Scott, to Philando Castille type shootings. If I'm wrong, I'm open to consider other thoughts that might help enlighten me.

Lastly, back to the point, you should know the difference and avoid coping out and mentioning a stupid drive-by that has NOTHING to do with the overarching issue that's being protested. It's like someone complaining that you beating, maiming and killing members of their family and your response is "But what about the fact that you don't cut your yard every week". It's the highest level of deflection.
I guess I missed where he is outraged about the vast majority of murder in the African American community is black on black crime. He must have ran out of space. Oh , and I’m sure he Has a “beef” about the little 5 year old white kid on his bike, getting executed at close range by his African American , brown, next door neighbor. GMAMFB.

tenor.gif

Reactions: crococile22
I guess I missed where he is outraged about the vast majority of murder in the African American community is black on black crime. He must have ran out of space. Oh , and I’m sure he Has a “beef” about the little 5 year old white kid on his bike, getting executed at close range by his African American , brown, next door neighbor. GMAMFB.
These talking points always bother me. When criminals do criminal acts we expect them to be arrested. In the "black on black" (nobody ever talks about white on white crime) and 5 year old being killed examples you gave those criminals went to jail. The problem people are trying to bring attention to is when police do criminal acts an alarming % have no repercussions AT ALL. So he doesn't need a "beef" for situations the criminal justice system is handling. I don't know Horace but I am also pretty sure he is not in favor of anybody murdering anybody. He didn't mention that either, but it doesn't fit your aggrieved narrative

These talking points always bother me. When criminals do criminal acts we expect them to be arrested. In the "black on black" (nobody ever talks about white on white crime) and 5 year old being killed examples you gave those criminals went to jail. The problem people are trying to bring attention to is when police do criminal acts an alarming % have no repercussions AT ALL. So he doesn't need a "beef" for situations the criminal justice system is handling. I don't know Horace but I am also pretty sure he is not in favor of anybody murdering anybody. He didn't mention that either, but it doesn't fit your aggrieved narrative
Good points. It's unfortunate that you even have to point out stuff that should be so obvious. The level of ignorance is stunning when it comes to this issue.

• Angry
Reactions: DLucky
the point that you seem to miss is this...Horace has a cause he wants to take up...great...don’t call out everyone who does not take an active role in your cause....for instance bruce has spoken on anti-semitism in the past...maybe that’s where his passion is at being of Jewish heritage....has Horace ever spoken out against anti Semitism? Idk maybe he has or maybe he hasn’t...

No. The point was that YOU coped-out and used the tired, and completely misplaced "black-on-black" crime trope to try and deflect from the historical issue that folks are protesting. Dodge the primary complaint, and throw dirt, mud and blame back at the victim. It's a horrible approach.

I don't advocate anyone rushing out on social media when they are in full emotional duress, and letting it go. You'll frequently do and say things that may not be best. We don't know if Horace has ever stood with coach on anti-semitism, but we do know that despite their long and incredible history, while they have been hated and attacked everywhere, we do not have a long history of our Jewish brothers being killed at will in the U.S. We do, however, have that history for blacks, so it's kind of silly to compare the two aspects one for one and say that Horace should have an equal rant in that regard.

Unfortunately, you are playing the biased game that so many play today. Don't be the bigger person, the mature adult, and wade through the misteps to glean the true issue and try to address and resolve it, but instead, be immature and closed minded, and immediately launch an attack back at your "opponent". Use demagoguery and petty nit-picks to launch an attack that deflects from the salient/key issues, and draws everyone's attention away from the key points and issues so that we are further away from resolution, (while the divide grows bigger and deeper). We can do better in that regard, and we should. Ditch silly partisan tactics and address the heart of these issues in the most objective and intelligent way possible while working your way down the prioritized list of problems, and addressing each one individually, until we eventually get to black on black crime.

@tugmac this response applies to you too with your "black on black" cop-out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DM8
The biggest issue is no one wants to say man that looks messed up BUTTTT it's a 5 second clip let's have a little patience and see what went down before this...you have the media running with this crap then you have people claiming the guy was simply breaking up a fight between 2 women etc etc.

It is PARAMOUNT, that we stop assuming and reacting and examine each case separately, and objectively. It's hard to do when you've had to deal with this issue up front and personal, with someone that you know and love, but it must be done. Sometimes you have to give a few minutes of saying, "Yes, I understand your emotion, I understand why you're upset", before you start teaching and go further laying out a better approach.

That said, it is essential that we not lump all instances into the same category if we are to bring everyone together and resolve these issues in the best and most effective manner possible.

I guess if people make a big fuss and hold up fists it will change the world.

John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

That was in 1968 in the Mexico City Olympics.

It is a two way street.

How about quit trying to be a permanent underclass, committing the majority of the crime, fathering multiple children out of wedlock, and being taken for granted by the democrat party to the point that they no longer even really care about trying to win your vote.

Reactions: cscott4au and AUzad

You did indeed miss it, because they are two separate issues, and it's very immature and remiss to conflate the two and bring this up as a cop-out when we're discussing another specific issue. Please see post #94, as it applies to your response too.

It's also sad that you can't understand the difference between one sad incident, and hundreds of years of open seasons of domestic terrorism where "neighbors" could kill blacks and did time after time, after time, and the authorities openly laughed about it. It was HORRIBLE what happened to that kid, but somehow in your misplaced thoughts, you equate that with hundreds of years, and thousands, upon thousands of deaths. It's just incredible how we fail to think critically some times.

This country is turning into a shit fest. Just a double standard everywhere you turn. Athletes that have been given everything their whole lives ; grades, test answers, covered drug tests, cash, ass, are now talking about how oppressed they are and it’s whiteys fault. Gimme a fuc*in break. Because a criminal got shot when he didn’t listen to the police, which takes almost no common sense to do. All I know is when the civil war starts and it’s all the libs and antifa and blm against everyone else, it’s gonna be the biggest waste of three hours of our lives. Don’t @ me if you disagree. Be tolerant.

Reactions: illegal grin
This. Bruce has a big platform and has the ability to reach across the spectrum on this issue. Props to Bruce for reacting to Horace in a positive manner and speaking out in a constructively. Lots of folks ITT could learn a lot from the way Bruce handled this situation.

id say Horace popping Pearl is dumb. I’d bet Pearl has done more for him than anyone else.

Horace and Tom Herman are dead nuts on.
saying Bruce needs to “tone down” his politics is absolutely ridiculous. he only retweets pro-Isreal stuff and positive policies that affect the safety of his players. i assume youre ok with the pro-player safety policies, so why are you against the pro-israel stuff??? just ridiculous all around. players and coaches should be able to speak about what they stand by @CJ3131

Reactions: BruceGOATPearl
No one is really talking about white on white crime or even black on white crime because even in the worst case such as after a black man assassinating a little white boy riding his bicycle in front of his house, cities didn’t burn, and stores weren’t looted. I understand this is the purpose of their destruction but the discussions being had regarding their behavior and what they represent is not positive.

Reactions: BruceGOATPearl
it's pathetic what he is doing...calling out the entire Auburn family and singling out Bruce. what the F are we supposed to be doing to appease him?
He is no different that those jackasses that were demanding people hold up a fist in those DC restaurants.

Horace, what have you done to stop the misogynistic lyrics of most black rappera? Horace, what stand have you taken against the glorification of violence and crime in most rap music? Horace, what have you done to combat anti-sematism and anti-zionism? Horace, what have you done to stop the systemic abuse of the Native American? Horace, do you use the racial pejorative that begins with N? If so, when are you going to stop?

Last edited:
Reactions: AUzad
I guess if people make a big fuss and hold up fists it will change the world.

John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

That was in 1968 in the Mexico City Olympics.

It is a two way street.

How about quit trying to be a permanent underclass, committing the majority of the crime, fathering multiple children out of wedlock, and being taken for granted by the democrat party to the point that they no longer even really care about trying to win your vote.
This is incredibly racist. I shudder to think what black folks think when they see this sort of overt racism on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigers3014
This is incredibly racist. I shudder to think what black folks think we they see this sort of overt racism on this board.
Really, statistics are racist? I didn't realize facts you didn't like were racist.

According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost eight times higher than Whites, and the victim rate six times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites and 93% of African American victims killed by African Americans

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa

Lots of folks ITT could learn a lot from the way Bruce handled this situation.

why is it that you immediately jump to defend horace's frustration and no one ITT is allowed to have a similar reaction of frustration? maybe me or some others ITT haven't expressed ourselves perfectly but frustration is a human characteristic that applies to everyone. you only grant a pass to horace here though. and no i'm not comparing sources of frustration.

Reactions: audeuce02
Really, statistics are racist? I didn't realize facts you didn't like were racist.
Yes, it is incredibly racist to say black people want to be a permanent underclass in our society. It's also an inaccurate racist trope to claim black people commit the "majority of the crime" in our country. Per the 2018 FBI statistics, there were 10.3 million total crimes committed in our country with 7.1 million being committed by white people.

Yes, it is incredibly racist to say black people want to be a permanent underclass in our society. It's also an inaccurate racist trope to claim black people commit the "majority of the crime" in our country. Per the 2018 FBI statistics, there were 10.3 million total crimes committed in our country with 7.1 million being committed by white people.

lulz fake news

I was afraid this would be the reaction to that.

I was up when I saw him post.

I responded and messaged with him. I won't share the details. Most of you obviously wouldn't care and have turned wholesale on a guy for several angry tweets when he has every damn right to be angry and it appears nobody in power gives a damn or is willing to do anything other than offer symbolic gestures and platitudes to help.

Coach Pearl also spoke to him, personally, this morning. Coach Pearl knows and understands and isn't going to go shitting on someone who is expressing their deep exasperation with a situation that continues to repeat itself while those in power look on yawning.
If people would quit putting themselves is situations with cops nobody would get hurt. Or at least do what the cop says.
Cops can be trigger happy. So why risk getting shot. It’s not like the cop is just going to let you drive off.
Second,
You can do whatever reform you want to. It takes one cop getting shot and reform is over. Let the people complaining grab a badge and gun and go to work. No wait just give them a badge and a rape whistle. No gun.

I'm sorry, just homocides and robbery.

What we are witnessing is a total capitulation of aspiring to better one's self. The new message from BLM is that mainstream society just has to accept less than acceptable standards. The numbers also don't justify the argument that there is systemic police brutality against blacks if we are going to start comparing numbers.

@Aueku already proved it wrong. Look at the violent crimes by percentage of population. Looking at total crime for two races that aren’t even close in total pop is potato.
Nope. He claimed black commit most of the crime in our country. That's not even remotely accurate as proven by the numbers I cited. He didn't say anything about types of crime or per capita basis. I am sorry you fell for that racist narrative.

Turns it political.
He meant to say lefty... south paws have a tough enough time finding the right glove, golf club, etc... don’t need to create additional disadvantages for themselves. That’s another thing too... why southpaws? Why do they always assume everyone is always facing west?

ADVERTISEMENT