ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Horace Spencer calling out Bruce?

The world we live in now.....

Bruce and the Auburn athletics department did so much after the George Floyd shooting and protests. He made multiple statements, had speakers, etc. So does he have to do this after every situation from here on out? Incredibly upset by this

Page one of the liberal playbook everybody has to agree with you or they're a racist or a bigot or xenophobic.
giphy.gif

I was afraid this would be the reaction to that.

I was up when I saw him post.

I responded and messaged with him. I won't share the details. Most of you obviously wouldn't care and have turned wholesale on a guy for several angry tweets when he has every damn right to be angry and it appears nobody in power gives a damn or is willing to do anything other than offer symbolic gestures and platitudes to help.

Coach Pearl also spoke to him, personally, this morning. Coach Pearl knows and understands and isn't going to go shitting on someone who is expressing their deep exasperation with a situation that continues to repeat itself while those in power look on yawning.

I responded and messaged with him. I won't share the details. Most of you obviously wouldn't care and have turned wholesale on a guy for several angry tweets when he has every damn right to be angry and it appears nobody in power gives a damn or is willing to do anything other than offer symbolic gestures and platitudes to help.

Coach Pearl also spoke to him, personally, this morning. Coach Pearl knows and understands and isn't going to go shitting on someone who is expressing their deep exasperation with a situation that continues to repeat itself while those in power look on yawning.
I hear ya, but when you make public comments like that -- especially comments as unfair and derogatory -- you have to live with the consequences. You open yourself up to critique. And he deserves strong pushback.

Horace certainly won't be "canceled" for me and who knows what he's thinking or going through personally. I wish him the best, If I knew him, I'd buy him lunch and pick his brain, but I think its fair to be frustrated at what he said.

tell me more about why he has every right to direct his anger towards only auburn people and bruce...i'm on the ground putting money into black owned businesses and having uncomfortable conversations with people as much as possible...and i loved horace at auburn...one of my favorite players...now he's vaguely shitting on me as an auburn person. yes i'm defensive right now...feels like a slap in the face

Thanks for sharing this BB. There was certainly a better way for Horace to convey his message and I am sure Bruce discussed that with him. Obviously what Horace said had an impact on Bruce as he sent out a tweet later in the morning addressing the issue. It's unfortunate so many ITT see this and react with "fvck you, Horace" as opposed to recognizing that he was coming from a place of understandable frustration over this issue. It should be possible to both acknowledge that he should find more constructive ways to use his platform to make a difference while also not condemning him for attempting to speak out on an issue of great importance to him and most of the current and former Auburn athletes.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of this bs I could scream. BLM can kiss my ass. Now, if someone started a movement called End Police Violence...that would be worthwhile.
I was way out in front of being sick of it so trust me I feel ya brother. Then I took ten days off and went to Yellowstone. Now I realize nobody cares what I think anyway I will just vote in November and keep doing what got me to this point in my life/career. Keep my head down, stay focused, stay driven, be of service to others, stay positive.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this BB. There was certainly a better way for Horace to convey his message and I am sure Bruce discussed that with him. Obviously what Horace said had an impact on Bruce as he sent out a tweet later in the morning addressing the issue. It's unfortunate so many ITT see this and react with "fvck you, Horace" as opposed to recognizing that he was coming from a place of understandable frustration over this issue. It should be possible to both acknowledge that he should find more constructive ways to use his platform to make a difference while also not condemning him for attempting to speak out on an issue of great importance him and most of the current and former Auburn athletes.

i'm not sure a single person ITT has an issue with the frustration...words matter though

god this type of shit is tiresome...he's basically saying i don't really know what i should do so lemme just get on twitter and sling some shit against the wall so i can be part of the solution
This. He’s acting on emotions. Use to, no one would know but social media lets people speak out rapid fire before they can calm down and think about their words.

Thanks for sharing this BB. There was certainly a better way for Horace to convey his message and I am sure Bruce discussed that with him. Obviously what Horace said had an impact on Bruce as he sent out a tweet later in the morning addressing the issue. It's unfortunate so many ITT see this and react with "fvck you, Horace" as opposed to recognizing that he was coming from a place of understandable frustration over this issue. It should be possible to both acknowledge that he should find more constructive ways to use his platform to make a difference while also not condemning him for attempting to speak out on an issue of great importance him and most of the current and former Auburn athletes.
I love Horace. I agree it's not right to react with "fvck you, Horace" but it's also not right for him to react to this situation with a response that kinds sounds like "fvck you, AU family"... I'm all for him taking a stand and speaking out on the issues, I just feel it was poorly worded and directed toward a group of folks who maybe weren't deserving recipients. Just my thoughts

15 year old was killed in a drive by in Jeff Co recently...where you at Horace!....where you at!!!

While every situation is NOT the same, and folks should NOT automatically protest for every situation until the individual facts are examined, do you and everyone who "liked" your post really not understand the difference between individuals "beefing"/fighting and someone getting killed, and the long history of THOSE IN AUTHORITY killing blacks with full impunity, and nothing being done???

Now again, IMHO, this last situation is different. The Rayshard Brooks case was different than the Walter Scott type cases that have happened so frequently throughout our history. I'm sorry, but I WISH so badly that we could talk with everyone and break down and explain why this last case was different. I'm NOT excusing the officer for shooting him 7 times, but this one could have probably been avoided, and no NBA team, or individual should lump it in with the Walter Scott, to Philando Castille type shootings. If I'm wrong, I'm open to consider other thoughts that might help enlighten me.

Lastly, back to the point, you should know the difference and avoid coping out and mentioning a stupid drive-by that has NOTHING to do with the overarching issue that's being protested. It's like someone complaining that you beating, maiming and killing members of their family and your response is "But what about the fact that you don't cut your yard every week". It's the highest level of deflection.

”has every damn right to be angry”........LOL! absolutely asinine but expected from an Abrams voter.

Reactions: AUzad
While every situation is NOT the same, and folks should NOT automatically protest for every situation until the individual facts are examined, do you and everyone who "liked" your post really not understand the difference between individuals "beefing"/fighting and someone getting killed, and the long history of THOSE IN AUTHORITY killing blacks with full impunity, and nothing being done???

Now again, IMHO, this last situation is different. The Rayshard Brooks case was different than the Walter Scott type cases that have happened so frequently throughout our history. I'm sorry, but I WISH so badly that we could talk with everyone and break down and explain why this last case was different. I'm NOT excusing the officer for shooting him 7 times, but this one could have probably been avoided, and no NBA team, or individual should lump it in with the Walter Scott, to Philando Castille type shootings. If I'm wrong, I'm open to consider other thoughts that might help enlighten me.

Lastly, back to the point, you should know the difference and avoid coping out and mentioning a stupid drive-by that has NOTHING to do with the overarching issue that's being protested. It's like someone complaining that you beating, maiming and killing members of their family and your response is "But what about the fact that you don't cut your yard every week". It's the highest level of deflection.

The biggest issue is no one wants to say man that looks messed up BUTTTT it's a 5 second clip let's have a little patience and see what went down before this...you have the media running with this crap then you have people claiming the guy was simply breaking up a fight between 2 women etc etc.

Reactions: BruceGOATPearl
I love Horace. I agree it's not right to react with "fvck you, Horace" but it's also not right for him to react to this situation with a response that kinds sounds like "fvck you, AU family"... I'm all for him taking a stand and speaking out on the issues, I just feel it was poorly worded and directed toward a group of folks who maybe weren't deserving recipients. Just my thoughts
Generally agree, but I didn't take Horace's tweets as a "fvck you" as much as a heartfelt expression of frustration. I would bet that he and Bruce discussed ways for him to convey his message in a way that is more effective in the future. One takeaway from this situation is it's great to see Bruce is still coaching our guys even after they leave the program. As a positive reinforcement for Horace, he heeded his call and spoke out after they talked. It is unfortunate many ITT can't follow Bruce's lead and instead have gone with the "fvck you, Horace" reaction.

Just because you disagree with someone and think they are being stupid doesn’t mean you turned on them

WTF is Bruce Pearl going to do about Police reform. That’s why it’s so stupid.

Generally agree, but I didn't take Horace's tweets as a "fvck you" as much as a heartfelt expression of frustration. I would bet that he and Bruce discussed ways for him to convey his message in a way that is more effective in the future. One takeaway from this situation is it's great to see Bruce is still coaching our guys even after they leave the program. As a positive reinforcement for Horace, he heeded his call and spoke out after they talked. It is unfortunate many ITT can't follow Bruce's lead and instead have gone with the "fvck you, Horace" reaction.

none of us have an opportunity to heed his call..we have no idea what he wants. we have no idea what we've done.

the point that you seem to miss is this...Horace has a cause he wants to take up...great...don’t call out everyone who does not take an active role in your cause....for instance bruce has spoken on anti-semitism in the past...maybe that’s where his passion is at being of Jewish heritage....has Horace ever spoken out against anti Semitism? Idk maybe he has or maybe he hasn’t...

What exactly is he frustrated about over the shooting in Wisconsin or was there another incident recently I'm not aware of? I honestly do not understand any reason whatsoever that any person, regardless of race, has to be frustrated with this last instance other than why did the criminal put everyone in that position. It really seems like there is a thought to not let any unfortunate incident go unused to push an agenda.

Reactions: AUzad
Well he turned Auburn BB around so I wouldn't write him off so quickly. Guy can work some miracles.
This. Bruce has a big platform and has the ability to reach across the spectrum on this issue. Props to Bruce for reacting to Horace in a positive manner and speaking out in a constructively. Lots of folks ITT could learn a lot from the way Bruce handled this situation.

Last edited:
This. Bruce has a big platform and has the ability to reach across the spectrum on this issue. Props to Bruce for reacting to Horace in a positive manner and speaking out in a constructive manner. Lots of folks ITT could learn a lot from the way Bruce handled this situation.

Bruce Has been proactive and constructive the whole time though. That’s why this is ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT