ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Horace Spencer calling out Bruce?

giphy.gif

god this type of shit is tiresome...he's basically saying i don't really know what i should do so lemme just get on twitter and sling some shit against the wall so i can be part of the solution
I firmly believe Social media is ruining the world

rational and genuine discussion is a thing of the past. It’s now all about screaming into the twitter cesspool and not one person trying to see the other side/perspective. It’s so tiring

I 1000000000% stand by you and @Lover of Pearl assessment here. At its very best social media is a pissing contest of what you have or have done. At its worst (so far) its a dividing/hateful place where average joes and jills give their ‘expert’ opinions on issues so GD complicated that nobody expert or not has a true answer for

rant over for now

all complicated issues can be solved by shitty half-way factual memes or lots of tweets

Quit propping up bad behavior. I don’t care what your race is but if you make bad decisions there are usually bad consequences. I am working to teach my boys this every damn day. I don’t care about color I care about responsibility. You know what I see if a AA cop shoots a white person...bet that dude made bad choices. Bam. Pretty easy.

The thing is Horace... no one understands what it is you want people to do... speak up? Ok about what? Against what? How? To what extent? How long? Is the new norm to speak up on social media for literally ANY perceived injustice? Ok, how? What should we say? And he doesn't know, that's why its so vague. Just vague anger and frustration that's now unfairly channeled at people who have no idea what it is they're supposed to do.

Is someone's character is reducible to not even their action, but their inaction... , let alone on a conversation in which right action and a way forward is so nuanced... God help us all. That's a dangerous recipe and will leave you sad and angry and without friends.

It is real simple. Some people just aren't very smart and can't think for themselves. They let others dictate how they should feel and it unfortunately comes from social media and opinionated news sources.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT