ADVERTISEMENT

Why are so many companies making public statements for racial equality now.........

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
and not two months ago? It's odd how that works. Are they trying to make money off of a man's tragic death? I literally get 5 e-mails a day from companies making statements about supporting BLM. I have nothing against that at all. Just where were you before the media exposure was focused on this. Just seems rather disingenuous. I got so many from Uber that I'm just waiting for the advertisement of their CEO crying while kissing babies of color (and then skipping the white baby). I've only used Uber once in my life.

Why are they all blindly supporting BLM CO. Support a different organization.One that isn’t nefarious with what they do with the money they receive.I would much rather see the cash go to UNCF. I can’t support a leftist group like BLM.They picked a great name bc if you say I don’t support BLM it looks like you don’t support black lives.Great marketing.

and not two months ago? It's odd how that works. Are they trying to make money off of a man's tragic death? I literally get 5 e-mails a day from companies making statements about supporting BLM. I have nothing against that at all. Just where were you before the media exposure was focused on this. Just seems rather disingenuous. I got so many from Uber that I'm just waiting for the advertisement of their CEO crying while kissing babies of color (and then skipping the white baby). I've only used Uber once in my life.

Because it is beneficial to them now and wasn’t before. Hell, even the Democratic Party wasn’t making a big deal of it until recently. The Libertarian Party, on the other hand, has been saying the same damn things for nearly 50 years, and the only Libertarian congressman (Justin Amash) was preparing a bill to address Qualified Immunity well before the protests started.

That said, even if the reasons are wrong, I’ll take it. Sometimes the path forward changes for odd reasons, but it still helps us get to the right destination faster. Maybe it is all virtue signaling, but if there’s enough signaling, it changes public opinion and public policy.

The same reason they started talking about changing their priorities when they thought Bernie might win the Dem nomination. Haven't heard a peep since it was clear he wouldn't. As soon as this goes away they will move themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT